Mary Louise Floyd
January 31, 1931 – February 3, 2020
Mary Louise Floyd, 89, of Lavaca, AR passed away peacefully on February 3, 2020. She was born January 31, 1931 in Fort Smith, AR to Lester Lewis Moore and Beulah Gibson Moore. She was preceded in death by her first husband, Clyde Snow; second husband, Davis Floyd; three brothers, Gayle, Bill and David Moore.
Mary attended St. Edwards School of Nursing and was a nurse for over 30 years. She loved all animals, especially her cat. Survivors include one daughter, Lisa Monaco (Tom) of Roland, OK; two step-daughters, Linda Glidewell (Dewayne) of Lavaca, Francis Nichols (Jerry) of Fort Smith; one step-son, Steve Floyd (Vicki) of Lavaca; one sister, Betty Harper (J.R.) of Arkoma, OK; three brothers, Lester Moore of Thousand Oaks, CA, Carl and Butch Moore, both of Van Buren; two grandchildren and seven step-grandchildren; numerous nieces, nephews and extended family. Funeral service will be 1:00 PM, Thursday, February 6, 2020 at Edwards Funeral Home in Fort Smith. Burial will be private. Visitation will be 5 PM till 6PM on Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at Edwards Funeral Home.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Almost Home Animal Shelter and Rescue, 3390 Pointer Trail East, Van Buren, Arkansas 72956.
- Clyde Snow, First husband (deceased)
- Davis Floyd, Second husband (deceased)
- Lisa Monaco and husband Tom, Daughter
- Beulah Gibson Moore, Mother (deceased)
- Lester Lewis Moore, Father (deceased)
- Betty Harper and husband J.R., Sister
- Gayle Moore, Brother (deceased)
- Bill Moore, Brother (deceased)
- David Moore, Brother (deceased)
- Lester Moore, Brother
- Carl Moore, Brother
- Butch Moore, Brother
- Linda Glidewell and husband Dewayne, Step daughter
- Francis Nichols and husband Jerry, Step daughter
- Steve Floyd and wife Vicki, Step son
- Mary is also survived by her two grandchildren and seven step-grandchildren, as well as her numerous nieces, nephews and extended family.
Almost Home Animal Shelter and Rescue
3390 Pointer Trail East, Van Buren, Arkansas 72956
- Visitation Wednesday, February 5, 2020
- Funeral Service Thursday, February 6, 2020