Robert L. Bell
March 3, 1928 – February 10, 2020
Robert L. Bell, 91, of Fort Smith, Arkansas passed away on January 10, 2020. He was born March 3, 1928 in Roland, Oklahoma. Robert served in three branches of the military. He retired from the U.S. Postal Service and Stephens Production. Robert was preceded in death by his wife, Mildred Bell; mother, Lavada Bell; one daughter, Phyllis Bell; two sons, Danny Bell and Alvin R. Matlock.
He is survived one daughter, Linda Bell; three sons, Gerry Matlock (Darla), Geoffrey Bell and Bobby Bell Jr.; four step-daughters, Shirley Triplett, Carrie Nevers, Anitta Brown and Kathy Smith; four step-sons, James Smith, Sr., Elphin Smith, Jr., David M. Smith, and Alan M. Smith, Sr.; numerous grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces, nephews and extended family.
A Celebration of life will be held at 11 AM, Saturday, February 15, 2020 at New Covenant International Christian Center in Fort Smith. Burial will be 10 AM Monday, February 17, 2020 at the U.S. National Cemetery in Fort Smith. Services are entrusted to Edwards Funeral Home.
- Mildred Bell, Wife (deceased)
- Lavada Bell, Mother (deceased)
- Booker T. Bell, Father (deceased)
- Phyllis Bell, Daughter (deceased)
- Linda Bell, Daughter
- Danny Bell, Son (deceased)
- Alvin R. Matlock, Son (deceased)
- Gerry Matlock and wife Darla, Son
- Geoffrey Bell, Son
- Bobby Bell Jr., Son
- Shirley Triplett, Step daughter
- Carrie Nevers, Step daughter
- Anitta Brown, Step daughter
- Kathy Smith, Step daughter
- James Smith, Sr., Step son
- Elphin Smith, Jr., Step son
- David M. Smith, Step son
- Alan M. Smith, Sr., Step son
- Robert is also survived by his numerous grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces, nephews and extended family.
- His Grandchildren, Pallbearers
- A Celebration of Robert's Life Saturday, February 15, 2020
- Graveside Service with Military Honors Monday, February 17, 2020
Robert L. Bell
February 13, 2020
Bob Bell was our family's postman for many years. He was so good, always had smile, even on the hottest days. May he now rest in peace.