Catherine Ann Payton
October 28, 1927 – March 19, 2018
Catherine Ann Payton, 90, of Fort Wayne, IN passed away on Monday, March 19, 2018. She was born to the late Ivan and Beatrice (Harris) Jones. She loved to play Bingo and her grandkids.
She is survived by her children, Patricia (Patrick) Carr and Michael (Martha) Payton; 9 grandchildren; 19 great-grandchildren; and 7 great-great-grandchildren. She was also preceded in death by her husband, William A. Payton; son, Arthur Robert Payton; and grandchildren, Sheila Carr and Catherine P. Payton.
Funeral service will be 10:00 am on Thursday, March 22, 2018 at C.M. Sloan and Sons Funeral Home (1327 N. Wells Street, Fort Wayne, IN 46808) with visitation one hour prior. Visitation also 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at the funeral home. Burial will follow at Lindenwood Cemetery (2324 W. Main Street, Fort Wayne, IN 46808).
Memorial contributions may be made to the American Kidney Foundation, American Diabetes Association, or Maplewood Mennonite Church.
- Ivan Jones, Father
- Beatrice (Harris) Jones, Mother
- William A. Payton, Husband
- Patricia (Patrick) Carr, Daughter
- Michael (Martha) Payton, Son
- Arthur Robert Payton, Son
- Catherine also leaves behind nine grandchildren; nineteen great-grandchildren; and seven great-great-grandchildren to cherish her memory. She was also preceded in death by her grandchildren, Sheila Carr and Catherine P. Payton.
- American Kidney Foundation
- American Diabetes Association
- Maplewood Mennonite Church
- Visitation Wednesday, March 21, 2018
- Visitation Thursday, March 22, 2018
- Funeral Service Thursday, March 22, 2018