December 13, 1934 – August 4, 2019
Our Mother, Ann McCleskey, passed away on August 4th 2019. The family will receive friends during a Memorial Service on Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 2:00p.m. at Shannon Rufe Snow Funeral Chapel, 6001 Rufe Snow Dr., Fort Worth, Texas, 76179.
She was born December 13, 1934 in Dallas, Texas to Frederick Thomas Lyon, Sr. and Mary Ann Lyon. The family moved often due to her father’s work but they finally settled in Fort Worth, Texas where she attended Polytechnic High. She married her high school sweetheart, Jack Morris McCleskey, Sr. and due to his job in the US Air Force was able to travel the world. They were stationed in Japan, Germany (Twice!), Texas, California, Mississippi, Colorado and the Netherlands. Mom loved traveling and made friends wherever she went. She was predeceased by her parents, her husband Jack and her son Jack, Jr (Jay) her brothers, Fred Lyon and Hugh Lyon, sister-in-law Barbara Lyon and nephew David Lyon. She is survived by her two daughters Jodie McCleskey (Bill Honaker) and Barbara Converse (Bill); her sister, Genie McLelland (Lee); her sister-in-law, Judy Lyon; two granddaughters, Bridget McCleskey Lovett (Gregg) and Maria McCleskey; 4 great-grandchildren, Alexander and Simone Knauf, Alura and Ariana Frazier; 2 step great-grandchildren, Corbin and Gabby Lovett, and 2 great-great grandchildren, Ailah and Mateo Frazier. She is also survived by niece Leslie Tabor (George), nephews William Lyon (Jennifer) and Mike Lyon, and their children, along with numerous cousins, other relatives and friends.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in her name to St. Jude Children’s Hospital, the Salvation Army, or to a charity of your choice.
- Jodie McCleskey and husband, Bill Honaker, Daughter
- Barbara and husband, Bill Converse, Daughter
- Genie and husband, Lee McLelland, Sister
- Judy Lyon, Sister-in-law
- Bridget McCleskey-Lovett and husband, Gregg Lovett, Grandchild
- Maria McCleskey, Grandchild
- Alexander Knauf, Great Grandchild
- Simone Knauf, Great Grandchild
- Alura Frazier, Great Grandchild
- Ariana Frazier, Great Grandchild
- Corbin Lovett, Step-Great Grandchild
- Gabby Lovett, Step-Great Grandchild
- Ailah Frazier, Great-Great Grandchild
- Mateo Frazier, Great-Great Grandchild
- Leslie and husband, George Tabor, Niece
- William and wife, Jennifer Lyon, Nephew
- Mike Lyon, Nephew
- Frederick Thomas Lyon, Sr, Father (deceased)
- Mary Ann Lyon, Mother (deceased)
- Jack Morris McCleskey, Sr., Husband (deceased)
- Jack (Jay) McCleskey, Jr., Son (deceased)
- Fred Lyon, Brother (deceased)
- Hugh Lyon, Brother (deceased)
- Barbara Lyon, Sister-in-law (deceased)
- David Lyon, Nephew (deceased)
- Great nieces and Great nephews, along with numerous cousins, other relatives and friends.
- Memorial Service Thursday, August 8, 2019
August 7, 2019
To All Her Family------
We were best friends since 7th grade.
I will miss our (almost) weekly phone call.
My heart goes out to the Entire Family.
Love All of You.
God Bless Her.
Barbara Jan Moore
Mark and Kate Chapman
August 5, 2019
Jodie, Bill and family. Our heartfelt condolences go out to you all. Mark and I had the wonderful privilege and honor of knowing Ann for the past few years. Ann was a wonderful lady with a great sense of humor and we will miss her terribly. I pray that you all find comfort and healing during this difficult time.
Love, Mark and Kate