Bettye Faye Chandler
February 19, 1925 – October 26, 2019
Bettye Faye Hart Chandler, age 94, departed to her heavenly home October 26, 2019.
Viewing and Visitation will be Friday, November 1, 2019 at Shannon Funeral Home, 6001 Rufe Snow Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76148 from 10:00am to 12:00pm with the Funeral Service to follow at 12:00pm. Interment will be at Mt. Olivet Cemetery, 2301 N. Sylvania Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76111 at 1:30pm.
Bettye was born in Fort Worth, TX, on February 19, 1925, to C. D. and Leona Hart. She graduated Paschal High School in 1942. Bettye married Robert (Bob) L. Chandler in 1944 and they enjoyed 53 years together. She was a member of Broadway Baptist Church for 84 years.
In early years, Bettye was an active PTA mom, member of Rockwood Garden Club, North Fort Worth Woman's Club and was the last remaining member of the Tuesday Club.
She enjoyed working for the FWISD for 30 years and had special memories of her days as school secretary at Diamond Hill Elementary. She also served a term as President of FSESA
Bettye enjoyed cooking, traveling, reading and lunches with longtime friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, sisters Gertrude Lewis, Imogene Petta, Lucy Knox and brother, C.D. Hart, Jr.
Survivors include daughter, Patty and husband Jody Stevens; son, Robert Chandler and wife, Diane; grandchildren, Trey and Katie Chandler; nieces and nephews.
Special Thanks to the Broadway Baptist Shepherd Ministry and, in Weatherford, TX, the North Side Baptist Deacon's Ministry as well as the caregivers at Autumn Hill Manor Assisted Living.
Memorials may be sent to a charity of choice.
- Patty and husband, Jody Stevens, Daughter
- Robert and wife, Diane Chandler, Son
- Trey Chandler, Grandchild
- Katie Chandler, Grandchild
- C. D. and wife Leona Hart, Parents (deceased)
- Robert (Bob) L. Chandler, Husband (deceased)
- Gertrude Lewis, Sister (deceased)
- Imogene Petta, Sister (deceased)
- Lucy Knox, Sister (deceased)
- C. D. Hart, Jr., Brother (deceased)
- and nieces and nephews.
- Visitation Friday, November 1, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, November 1, 2019
- Graveside Service Friday, November 1, 2019