Billie Jo Tidwell
September 30, 1928 – October 23, 2019
Billie Jo Doyle Tidwell of Bedford, Texas passed away on October 23, 2019. A Graveside Service will be held at 1:00p.m. on Saturday, October 26, 2019 at Bosley Cemetery in Palo Pinto County. Billie was born to parents C.B. Doyle and Johnnie Bell Doyle in Palo Pinto County, where she was raised. She married Travis Tidwell in 1945, and celebrated 53 years of marriage, prior to his passing. They lived in West Texas, moved to the Dallas Fort Worth area in the late 60s and settled in Bedford, Texas in the early 1980s, where they remained for many years. They had three children and raised a family. As a family many fond memories were made with fishing trips, visiting family, and vacations. Billie enjoyed reading, and was involved in book clubs, Mahjong group, and enjoyed participating in activities with her church's Sunday School Group. Billie and Travis were long time members of Cross City First Euless. To Billie, her family was always a priority. Not only her immediate family, but her extended family always meant so much to her. She always opened the doors of her home, and welcomed any family member in times of transition. She was an avid gardener, enjoyed crafting and gathering collector's items. Beloved mother, sister, grandmother and great-grandmother will be dearly missed.
She is preceded in death by her husband, Travis Tidwell; parents; brother, J.B. Doyle; sisters, Melba Greenwood and Wilma Cardwell.
Billie is survived by her children, Mona Spaeth, and husband, Mark, Mike Tidwell, and Letha Henley, and husband Eddie; grandchildren, Jinks Greenstreet, and husband, Brad, Tracy Gonzalez, and husband Tino, Michael Gholson, and wife, Tracey, Eddie Henley, Jamie Henley; great-grandchildren, Natalie Shaw, and husband Ray, Jessi Brooks, and husband, Josh, Travis Greenstreet, Hannah Smith, Micah Smith, Alex Gholson, and Sydney Gholson, Samantha Henley, Brison Henley, Madison Henley, and Emma Guzman; brother, Don Doyle, and wife, Neva; and numerous other grandchildren, great-grandchildren, nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
In Lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Community Hospice of Burleson, Texas.
- Mona and husband, Mark Spaeth, Daughter
- Mike Tidwell, Son
- Letha and husband, Eddie Henley, Daughter
- Jinks and husband, Brad Greenstreet, Grandchild
- Tracy and husband, Tino Gonzalez, Grandchild
- Michael and wife, Tracey Gholson, Grandchild
- Eddie Henley, Grandchild
- Jamie Henley, Grandchild
- Natalie and husband, Ray Shaw, Great Grandchild
- Jessi and husband, Josh Brooks, Great Grandchild
- Travis Greenstreet, Great Grandchild
- Hannah Smith, Great Grandchild
- Micah Smith, Great Grandchild
- Alex Gholson, Great Grandchild
- Sydney Gholson, Great Grandchild
- Samantha Henley, Great Grandchild
- Brison Henley, Great Grandchild
- Madison Henley, Great Grandchild
- Emma Guzman, Great Grandchild
- Don and wife, Neva Doyle, Brother
- Travis Tidwell, Husband (deceased)
- C.B. Doyle, Father (deceased)
- Johnnie Dell Doyle, Mother (deceased)
- J. B. Doyle, Brother (deceased)
- Melba Greenwood, Sister (deceased)
- Wilma Cardwell, Sister (deceased)
- and numerous other grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
- Graveside Service Saturday, October 26, 2019