Bob Lea McClendon
June 2, 1925 – September 18, 2019
Bob Lea McClendon, 94, of North Richland Hills, Texas passed away on September 18, 2019. Visitation will be held on Friday, September 27, 2019 from 10:00a.m. with a Funeral Service following at 11:00a.m. at Shannon Rufe Snow Funeral Chapel. Interment will follow at Grandview Cemetery in Grandview, Texas. Bob was born in Brownwood, Texas on June 2, 1925. He married Bonel McClendon on April 3, 1948. They would be married almost 70 years at the time of her passing. He was a 32nd degree Mason and a long-time member of the Richland Hills Masonic Lodge. Bob was a U.S. Marine fighting in World War II and was a Purple Heart Recipient. He was preceded in death by his wife, Bonel; his parents, Charles and Edna McClendon and three brothers and four sisters. Bob is survived by his children, Tim McClendon and his wife, Liza, Annette Lance and her husband, Lacy; grandchildren, Garrett Lance, Garrett's wife, Ashley, Melissa McClendon and Shawn McClendon. His great granddaughter, Charlotte, was born on his birthday in 2019. Many thanks to all of the wonderful caregivers who aided our family in caring for Bob and Bonel for the past four and half years. We could not have cared for them without their help. Memorial contributions in Bob's name may be made to the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, by visiting their website at http://community.tsrhc.org/donate.
- Tim & wife, Liza McClendon, Son
- Annette and husband, Lacy Lance, Daughter
- Garrett and wife, Ashley Lance, Grandchild
- Melissa McClendon, Grandchild
- Shawn McClendon, Grandchild
- Charlotte Lance, Great Grandchild
- Bonel McClendon, Wife (deceased)
- Charles McClendon, Father (deceased)
- Edna McClendon, Mother (deceased)
- Mr. McClendon was also preceeded in death by his three brothers and four sisters.
- Scottish Rite Hospital for Children
- Visitation Friday, September 27, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, September 27, 2019
- Graveside Service Friday, September 27, 2019
Bob Lea McClendon
September 27, 2019
May GOD wrap his arms around family and friends during this most difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Bob McClendon was an amazing, kind spirited man. He could make you laugh so easily. He had a heart of gold. I will miss him dearly! 🙏🏼❤️
September 21, 2019
I am so sorry for your loss ! I know his last days were spent with family & that is what mattered to him most. God bless you & your family during this time of grief.
September 20, 2019
I am so sorry to learn of your passing. My thoughts and prayers for the McClendon family during this difficult time.