Polly E. Slama
December 17, 1922 – September 8, 2019
Polly Slama, 96, passed away on Sunday, September 8, 2019 in North Richland Hills, Texas. Visitation will be held at Richland Hills Christian Church, on Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 10:30a.m., followed by a Service at 11:00a.m. Graveside Service will be held at 1:30p.m. at Bourland Cemetery, in Keller, Texas. Polly was a member of the Greatest Generation and served during World War II by working the assembly line in a factory near hear home in Kent, Ohio. She was most recently a member of Richland Hills Christian Church. Memorial contributions can be made in Polly’s name to Richland Hills Christian Church Memorial Fund. She was preceded in death by her dear husband of 63 years, Joseph Slama. Polly is survived by her daughter, Sharon Cummings; son, Gary Slama (Jane); grandchildren, Dawn Cummings, Kelly de Leon (Albin), Patrick Cummings, Eric Slama, Jason Slama (Shannon); 6 great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
- Sharon Cummings, Daughter
- Gary and wife, Jane Slama, Son
- Dawn Cummings, Grandchild
- Kelly and husband, Albin de Leon, Grandchild
- Patrick Cummings, Grandchild
- Eric Slama, Grandchild
- Jason and wife, Shannon Slama, Grandchild
- Joseph Slama, Husband (deceased)
- 6 great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
- Visitation Thursday, September 12, 2019
- Funeral Service Thursday, September 12, 2019
- Graveside Service Thursday, September 12, 2019
Polly E. Slama
September 12, 2019
This was so beautiful with the pictures and soft music. I had chills and tears throughout the display. Aunt Polly was with us for 96 years and now she is forever with Jesus, and for that I am thankful. She was a loving example of a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, an aunt, and a friend and she brought joy to us throughout our lives. May God bless her cherished family.