April 1, 1928 – November 5, 2019
Frances Ito Castanon passed away on Tuesday, November 5, 2019. She was born April 1, 1928 in Selma California.
Her Parents were George Ito and Anastacia Nunez
Frances, attended Edison High School.
During WW II on May 1, 1942 Frances was intern at the Fresno Relocation Center. She and her two Brothers and Sister were sent to Utah. For interment until WW II was over.
On July 4, 1947, Frances married Gilbert J. Castanon in Five Points, California.
Frances loved to garden, cook, take care of all her grandchildren and great-grandchildren and was a devout Catholic.
Frances is preceded in death by her parents George Ito and Anastacia Nunez; her son Richard Castanon; grandson David Rocha Jr.; her brothers Manuel Reyes, Fred Ito Nunez, George Nunez Ito; and sister Mokie Ito Maez.
She is survived by her husband, Gilbert J. Castanon Sr.; children Gilbert Castanon Jr. his wife Joyce, Sylvia Sor ondo and husband George, Edward J. Castanon, Rachel Heredia and her husband Tony, Larry Castanon, Jimmy Castanon Sr. and his wife Maxine, and David Rocha and his wife Maria. Frances also had 37 grandchildren, 50 great-grandchildren, 13 great great grandchildren
- Gilbert J. Castanon Sr., Husband
- Gilbert Castanon Jr. (Joyce), Son
- Sylvia Sorondo (George), Daughter
- Edward J. Castanon, Son
- Rachel Heredia (Tony), Daughter
- Larry Castanon, Son
- Jimmy Castanon Sr. (Maxine), Son
- David Rocha (Maria), Son
37 Grandchildren, 50 Great-Grandchildren, 13 Great Great-Grandchildren
- Greg Sorondo, Pallbearer
- Gilbert Castanon III, Pallbearer
- MIchael Castanon, Pallbearer
- Ralph Talamantez, Pallbearer
- Issac Gomez, Pallbearer
- Jimmy Castanon, Jr., Pallbearer
- George Sorondo, Honourary Pallbearer
- Steven Sorondo, Honourary Pallbearer
- Tony Heredia, Honourary Pallbearer
- Ronald Castanon Sr., Honourary Pallbearer
- David Rocha Jr., Honourary Pallbearer
- Mark Castanon, Honourary Pallbearer
- Visitation Thursday, November 14, 2019
- Rosary Service Friday, November 15, 2019
- Mass of Christian Burial Friday, November 15, 2019
- Graveside Service Friday, November 15, 2019
Mary aka Nena Losoya
November 15, 2019
Tia Frances I will keep u in my heart forever, tia u will be missed terribly by all. U r with our LORD now and your mom and dad as well as your siblings. Will miss your beautiful smile and u calling me Nena I was the little Nena, but most of all your kindness to all who entered your home. And hearing your voice especially when u would call my tio 'Gibby, Gibby' and u would say I know he hears me. U were always ready to fix something to eat for those who entered your home. Today will not be Farewell but a sad day. One day we will meet again so for now RIP my beautiful, beautiful tia Frances. Love u forever
November 15, 2019
My deepest condolences to my tia Frances side an my uncle Gilbert side my heart is broken Tia you will be truly an dearly missed I’ll always remember your loving smile an your funny sense of humor I will cherish my memories with you forever I will always pray an think of you an your family I love you forever an ever R.I.P Tia 🙏🏼🙌🏼😭
November 7, 2019
She was the BEST great grandma ever (that I knew )! She made the best Chorizo in the world! She loved the 4T'S so much! She will be missed a whole lot! I love you Nana very much!