Anna "Berline" Elliott
May 2, 1930 – January 23, 2019
Anna “Berline” Elliott, 88, passed away peacefully with her family by her side on Wednesday, January 23, 2019. Berline was born in Graham County, NC on May 2, 1930 to the late Lloyd and Lucilla (Holbrook) Icenhower.
She worked as a nurse in the Gastonia area for 42 years. She loved to garden and was a fabulous cook, but most of all she loved her family. She was a devoted mother and grandmother and had a strong faith in the Lord. Berline will be missed by all who knew and loved her.
Those left to cherish her memory are her three children, Lorene Green of Gastonia, Don Elliott and wife, Linda of Lowell and Ed Elliott of Gastonia; special daughter-in-law, Loretta Elliott; five grandchildren, Jamie, Marsha, Paul, Erica and Brozdan; two great-grandchildren, Beau and Clara.
Berline was preceded in death by her husband of 65 years, Carl Edwin Elliott; four brothers, Dan, Crawford, Floyd and Earl.
A celebration of her life will be held at 1:00 PM, Saturday, January 26, 2019 at McAdenville Baptist Church. Reverend Walt Griggs will preside. Entombment will follow at Gaston Memorial Park.
The family will receive friends from 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM at the church prior to the service.
In lieu of flowers memorial contributions may be made to the Robin Johnson House, 5005 Shepards Way Drive, Dallas, NC 28034.
Online condolences and fond memories may be shared with the family at www.carothersfuneralhomegastonia.com
The staff at Carothers Funeral Home is honored to serve the Elliott family.
- Lloyd Icenhower, Father Deceased
- Lucilla Holbrook Icenhower, Mother Deceased
- Carl Edwin Elliott, Husband Deceased
- Dan Icenhower, Brother Deceased
- Crawford Icenhower, Brother Deceased
- Floyd Icenhower, Brother Deceased
- Earl Icenhower, Brother Deceased
- Lorene Green, Daughter
- Don Elliott, Son
- Linda Elliott, Daughter-in-law
- Ed Elliott, Son
- Loretta Elliott, Special Daughter in Law
- Five grandchildren: Jamie, Marsha, Paul, Erica and Brozdan; two great grandchildren: Beau and Clara.
- Dan Jones
- Dean Thomas
- Tommy Cloninger
- Eddie Jenkins
- Jake Hammond
- Bob Robinson
Robin Johnson Hospice House
5005 Shepards Way Drive, Dallas, North Carolina 28034
- Receiving of Friends Saturday, January 26, 2019
- Celebration of Life Saturday, January 26, 2019
- Committal Service Saturday, January 26, 2019