Charles Winfrey Crawford
December 28, 1934 – June 5, 2019
"A Man Who Would Do Anything For His Children And Grandchildren"
Charles Winfrey Crawford, age 84, passed away on Wednesday ~ June 5, 2019 at the Robin Johnson House in Dallas, North Carolina. A hard working outside kind of guy both at home and work, Charles spent most of his career as a bridge builder, designing and overseeing bridges in the Charlotte market along with hurricane and earthquake resistant bridges in New Orleans, Charleston and throughout Florida. He loved bringing home blueprints of bridges and showing his family the designs and teaching them the strong and unique features of bridges. Charles and his wife would cook and crochet together and he taught her both. He loved to laugh and watch comedies and repeat the punch lines as he slapped his knee making everyone around him laugh even more. Charles is going to be missed greatly by his family and friends.
Those left behind to cherish Charles's memories and carry on his legacy are his two daughters: Brenda Crawford Manning of Gastonia, North Carolina, Leila Parker of Gastonia, North Carolina; one brother and daughter in law: Charles "Chuck" Lawrence Crawford and Dorethia of Bishopsville, South Carolina; former wife of Chuck and mother of their children: Ann Crawford; two brothers and sister in law: Hersey Crawford of Clover, South Carolina, Ray and Louise Crawford of Ahoskie, North Carolina; five grandchildren: Tina Marie Lee and husband Chip, Jessica Lynn Crawford, Jason Parker, Christopher Crawford and Hannah Geroux; fourteen great grandchildren and one great-great grandchild.
Charles was the son of the late Clarence Lenwood Crawford and Addie Elizabeth Norvelle. He was also preceded in death by his wife Rhoadie Brazell Crawford who passed away in 2015, one son: Jeff David Crawford and sister Frances Sessions.
A graveside and committal ceremony will be held at 2:00 PM, Saturday ~ June 8, 2019 in the Four Seasons Garden at Gaston Memorial Park, 1200 South New Hope Road, Gastonia, North Carolina.
Expressions of love and fond memories may be made on Charles's guestbook at www.carothersfuneralhomegastonia.com
Carothers Funeral Home at Gaston Memorial Park is honored to be serving the family of Charles Crawford.
- Brenda Crawford Manning, Daughter
- Leila Crawford, Daughter
- Charles "Chuck" Crawford, Son
- Dorethia Crawford, Daughter-in-law
- Ann Crawford, Former Daughter in law
- Hershey Crawford, Brother
- Ray Crawford, Brother
- Louise Crawford, Sister-in-law
- Tina Marie Lee, Granddaughter
- Chip Lee, Grandson in law
- Jessica Lynn Crawford, Granddaughter
- Jason Parker, Grandson
- Christopher Crawford, Grandson
- Hannah Geroux, Granddaughter
- Charles Lenwood Crawford, Father Deceased
- Addie Elizabeth Norvelle Crawford, Mother Deceased
- Rhoadie Brazell Crawford, Wife Deceased
- Jeff David Crawford, Son Deceased
- Frances Sessions, Sister Deceased
- Fourteen great grandchildren and one great-great grandchild also survive.
- Graveside and Committal Ceremony Saturday, June 8, 2019