Emery Robinson Jr.
August 18, 1939 – June 7, 2019
Emery Robinson Jr. passed away peacefully Friday, June 7, 2019 with his family by his side.
Emery was a native of Gaston County, born August 18, 1939 to the late Emery and Lizzie (Mayhue) Robinson. He served his country proudly in the United States Army and later retired from Freightliner after 17 years of service.
Those left to cherish his memory are his wife of 59 years, JoAnn Robinson of Kings Mountain, NC; three children, Michael Robinson of Stanley, Denise Grant and husband, Darrell of Woodleaf, NC and Keith Robinson and wife, Pebbles of Kings Mt.; five grandchildren, Amanda Grant, Jennifer Miller, Chad Shores and Kristin and Joshua Robinson; three great-grandchildren, Michelle, Holden and Liam; one great-great grandson, Zay; sister, Kathryn Rhinehart of Cherryville, brothers, Bobby Robinson and wife, Joyce of Lowell, Bill Robinson of Belmont.
He was preceded in death by three siblings, Pauline Redmond, Annette Rushing and Vernon Robinson.
A celebration of his life will be held at 3:00 PM, Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at Carothers Funeral Home in Gastonia. Interment with Military Honors will follow at Gaston Memorial Park.
The family will receive friends from 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM prior to the service at Carothers Funeral Home Chapel.
Online condolences and fond memories may be shared with the family at www.carothersfuneralhomegastonia.com
The staff at Carothers Funeral Home is honored to serve the Robinson family.
- JoAnne Robinson, Wife
- Michael Robinson, Son
- Denise Grant and husband, Darrell, Daughter
- Keith Robinson and wife, Pebbles, Son
- Amanda Grant, Granddaughter
- Jennifer Miller, Granddaughter
- Chad Shores, Grandson
- Kristin Robinson, Granddaughter
- Joshua Robinson, Grandson
- Kathryn Rhinehart, Sister
- Bobby Robinson and wife, Joyce, Brother
- Bill Robinson, Brother
- Emery Robinson, Father
- Lizzie Robinson, Mother
- Pauline Redmond, Sister
- Annette Rushing, Sister
- Vernon Robinson, Brother
Great-grandchildren, Michelle, Holden and Liam
One great-great grandson, Zay
- Chad Shores
- Darrell Grant
- Joshua Robinson
- Terry Grant
- Chris Miller
- Holden Grant
- Receiving of Guests Tuesday, June 11, 2019
- Life Well Celebrated Ceremony Tuesday, June 11, 2019
- Graveside and Committal Service with Military Honors Accorded by the United States Army and Gaston County Honor Guard Tuesday, June 11, 2019