Frank Darrell Welch
June 26, 1940 – July 9, 2018
A devoted family man who loved and adored his wife, children and grandchildren and always provided for his family best describes Frank Darrell Welch, 78 who passed away on Monday, July 9, 2018.
Frank was born June 26, 1940 in Mecklenburg County to the late James and Gladys (Melton) Welch. Frank proudly served in the United States Army during the Korean Conflict. He married the love of his life, Sheri and the two shared 41 wonderful years together. Frank absolutely loved the Green Bay Packers and was a loyal fan. He enjoyed watching NASCAR and especially loved his dog, Skittle a Pomapoo. Frank will be dearly missed by all who knew and loved him.
Left to cherish his memory are his wife, Sheri of Dallas; children, Marie Welch Conner of Dallas, Sonny Farris and wife, Lee Ann of Kings Mountain, Mitch Tucker and husband, Mark of Dallas, Tanja McBee of Gastonia and Frank McBee of Cherry Grove, SC; grandchildren Cassie, Kalee, Erin, J.W., Colby and 10 more grandchildren; twelve great-grandchildren; five siblings.
He was preceded in death by one sibling.
A celebration of his life will be held at 2:00 PM, Thursday, July 12, 2018 at Carothers Funeral Home in Gastonia. Reverend Mark Tucker will preside. Entombment will follow at the Mausoleum of Peace with Military Honors.
The family will receive friends from 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM prior to the service at the funeral home.
Online condolences and fond memories may be shared with the family at www.carothersfuneralhomegastonia.com.
Carothers Funeral Home at Gaston Memorial Park is honored to serve the Welch family.
- Gladys Melton Welch, Mother
- James Welch, Father
- Sheri Welch, Wife
- Marie Welch Conner, Daughter
- Sonny Farris and wife Lee Ann, Son
- Mitch Tucker and husband Mark, Daughter
- Tanja McBee, Daughter
- Frank McBee, Son
- Frank also leaves behind grandchildren: Cassie, Kalee, Erin, J.W., Colby and 10 more as well as twelve great-grandchildren and five siblings. One sibling preceded Frank in death.
- Erin Farris
- J.W. Conner
- Colby Farris
- Landon Tucker
- Logan Helsel
- Drake Gibson
- Michael Farris
- Receiving of Friends Thursday, July 12, 2018
- Celebration of Life Thursday, July 12, 2018
- Committal Service with Honors from the U.S. Army Thursday, July 12, 2018