Gail Ledford Spencer
January 31, 1954 – March 11, 2020
'She Was A Joy To Be Around'
Gail Ledford Spencer, age 66, of Ranlo, went home to meet her Lord and Savior on Wednesday ~ March 11, 2020 in Greensboro, North Carolina with several of her loving family by her side. Gail was a 'Hippie' mom to her children who she loved dearly. She loved her grandchildren and great grandchildren very much too. She always worried about her family wanting only the best out of them that they could be. Several things that her family is going to miss greatly about their mom is "Just being able to call her about anything and everything and being able to talk to her without being judged". She raised her eight children and each child was blessed by a special artistic talent that they got from her such as music and drawing. And Gail was a Firecracker of a person. She loved Sunflowers and she loved to fish. Gail is truly going to be missed by her family and friends.
Those left behind to carry on Gail's memories and to carry on her legacy are her four daughters and son in law: Julie Ledford Tilley of Kings Mountain, North Carolina, Jerri Lynn and Eric Jenkins of Belmont, North Carolina, Star Lee Bumgarner of Ranlo, North Carolina and Brandy Rae Bumgarner of Ranlo, North Carolina; four sons and daughters in law: David Andrew and Crystal Deal of High Shoals, North Carolina, Joshua Shane and Rhonda Bumgarner of Lowell, North Carolina, Sammy Joe Bumgarner of Lowell, North Carolina, Travis Scott and Meagan Raye Bumgarner of Lowell, North Carolina; brother in law: Gary Slagle of Gastonia North Carolina and her niece Kim Wilson and nephew Brian Slagle; twelve grandchildren Ashley Jenkins, Tiffany Jenkins, Rebecca Jenkins, Valerie Suggs and husband Tyler Suggs, Robert Tilley, Jr., Dre Rodriquez, Audrey Bryant, Zeppelin Bumgarner, Shad Lee, Charlee Bumgarner, Chelsea Sutton and Savannah Bumgarner and seven great grandchildren; Alley, Ben, Jakob, Abigayle, Michael, Gabriel, Malachi, Destiney and Kristy and her doggie baby; 'Kissy'.
Gail was the daughter of the late Willard Ledford. She was also preceded in death by her wonderful husband, Michael Keith Spencer along with her sister, Christine Slagle,who passed away on February 4, 2020 and her loving son in law: Robert 'Robbie' Tilley.
A Life Well Celebrated service will be held at 2:00 PM, Monday ~ March 16, 2020 in the Chapel of Carothers Funeral Home, 2205 Williamsburg Drive, Gastonia, North Carolina with Pastor Michael Spargo bringing words of hope, love and comfort to Gail's family and friends.
Graveside and committal service will follow in the New Masonic Garden at Gaston Memorial Park, 1200 South New Hope Road, Gastonia, North Carolina. Active pallbearers are David Andrew Deal, Julie Ledford Tilley, Jerri Lynn Jenkins, Star Lee Bumgarner, Travis Scott Bumgarner and Brandy Rae Bumgarner.
The family will receive friends from 12:30 PM ~ 2:00 PM prior to the service.
Expressions of love and fond memories may be made on Gail's guestbook at www.carothersfuneralhomegastonia.com
Carothers Funeral Home at Gaston Memorial Park is compassionately serving the family of Gail Ledford Spencer.
- Lorine Payne Ledford, Mother
- Julie Tilley, Daughter
- Jerri Lynn Jenkins, Daughter
- Eric Jenkins, Son-in-law
- Star Lee Bumgarner, Daughter
- Brandy Rae Bumgarner, Daughter
- David Andrew Deal, Son
- Crystal Deal, Daughter-in-law
- Joshua Shane Bumgarner, Son
- Rhonda Bumgarner, Daughter-in-law
- Sammy Joe Bumgarner, Son
- Travis Scott Bumgarner, Son
- Meagan Raye Bumgarner, Daughter-in-law
- Gary Slagle, Brother-in-law
- Kissy, Doggie Baby
- Ashley Jenkins, Grandson
- Tiffany Jenkins, Granddaughter
- Rebecca Jenkins, Granddaughter
- Valerie Suggs, Granddaughter
- Robert Tilley, Jr, Grandson
- Dre Rodriguez, Grandson
- Audrey Bryant, Granddaughter
- Zeppelin Bumgarner, Grandson
- Shad Lee Bumgarner, Grandson
- Charlee Bumgarner, Granddaughter
- Chelsea Sutton, Granddaughter
- Savannah Bumgarner, Granddaughter
- Alley, Great Granddaughter
- Ben, Great Grandson
- Jakob, Great Grandson
- Abigayle, Great Granddaughter
- Michael, Great Grandson
- Gabriel, Great Grandson
- Malachi, Great Grandson
- Destiney, Great Granddaughter
- Kristy, Great Granddaughter
- William Ledford, Father (deceased)
- Michael Keith Spencer, Husband (deceased)
- Christine Slagle, Sister (deceased)
- Robert 'Robbie' Tilley, Son-in-law (deceased)
- David Andrew Deal, Active
- Julie Ledford Tilley, Active
- Jerri Lynn Jenkins, Active
- Star Lee Bumgarner, Active
- Travis Scott Bumgarner, Active
- Brandy Rae Bumgarner, Active
- Receiving of Friends Monday, March 16, 2020
- Celebration of Life Service Monday, March 16, 2020
- Graveside Committal Service Monday, March 16, 2020
Gail Ledford Spencer
March 24, 2020
Momma I miss you so much. There isn't enough room for all the memories we have. Playing monopoly until the kerosene lamp went out. You teaching me how to play rummy on the back porch in the sunshine. Me and you singing in round to the best of the Guess Who. You teaching me to do the peppermint twist and mash potato. A very few of the very many. Thank you Lord for my Mom. I'll see you again Momma.
March 15, 2020
Mawmaw how I miss you so much. I hope your dancing in heaven and watching over us. Your pain free and got your angel wings I love you so much. Fly high you sweet sweet angel.