Kathleen Painter Alexander
Passed away on October 11, 2019
A Woman of Strong Faith
Kathleen Painter Alexander, born in Cherokee County, North Carolina, went to be with her Lord on Friday ~ October 11, 2019.
Kathleen was a member of Maylo United Methodist Church where she was ‘Woman of the Year’ in 1984. She and her husband Alex were the owners of Alex Donut Company.
She was a graduate of Andrews High School and Belmont Textile.
Left behind to cherish the memories and legacy of Kathleen are her son and daughter in law: John and Janet Alexander; one daughter and son in law: Kathy and Robbie Cearley; daughter-in-law: Barbara Jean Alexander; one brother and sister in law: Carl and Joyce Painter; sister-in-law: Gay Alexander; four grandchildren: Meredith Puzenski and her husband Jeff; Haley Woods and her husband Jason, Ryan and Kelly Alexander; four great-grandchildren: Kaitlyn Puzenski, Allyson Puzenski, Luke Puzenski, Alexis Bouldin.
Kathleen was the daughter of the late John Alex Painter and Iler Mae Gibby Painter. She was proceeded in death by her loving husband of 48 years, Jonah Alexander; one son: Bobby Alexander; one grandson: Chad Alexander; three brothers: John Ed Painter, Richard Painter, and Billy Ray Painter; one sister: Winnie Holland.
The family will receive guests from 2:00PM ~ 3:00PM, Tuesday ~ October 15, 2019 at Covenant Village, 1351 Robinwood Road, Gastonia, North Carolina,
Graveside and committal ceremony will follow at Hollywood Cemetery, 540 North Broad Street, Gastonia, North Carolina with Chaplain Joan Martin of Covenant Village, and Pastor Jay Bissett of Maylo United Methodist Church offering words of comfort and hope to Kathleen’s family and friends.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Maylo United Methodist Church, 1900 Spencer Mountain Road, Gastonia, North Carolina, 28054.
A special thanks is offered to the Covenant Village staff for all their loving care.
Carothers Funeral Home at Gaston Memorial Park is honored to be serving the family of Kathleen Painter Alexander.
- Iler Mae Gibby Painter, Mother (deceased)
- John Alex Painter, Father (deceased)
- Jonah Alexander, Husband (deceased)
- Bobby Alexander, Son (deceased)
- Chad Alexander, Grandson (deceased)
- John Ed Painter, Brother (deceased)
- Richard Painter, Brother (deceased)
- Billy Ray Painter, Brother (deceased)
- Winnie Holland, Sister (deceased)
- John Alexander and wife Janet, Son
- Kathy Cearley and husband Robbie, Daughter
- Barbara Jean Alexander, Daughter-in-law
- Carl Painter and wife Joyce, Brother
- Gay Alexander, Sister-in-law
- Meredith Puzenski and husband Jeff, Granddaughter
- Haley Woods and husband Jason, Granddaughter
- Kelly Alexander, Granddaughter
- Ryan Alexander, Grandson
- Kaitlyn Puzenski, Great Granddaughter
- Allyson Puzenski, Great Granddaughter
- Luke Puzenski, Great Grandson
- Alexis Bouldin, Great Granddaughter
Maylo United Methodist Church
1900 Spencer Mountain Road, Gastonia, North Carolina 28054
- Receiving of Guests Tuesday, October 15, 2019
- Graveside and Committal Service Tuesday, October 15, 2019
Kathleen Painter Alexander
October 15, 2019
It was a very special honor and joy to provide care for Kathleen. She will always be remembered as a kind and gracious lady who shared her gratitude, kindness, and sense of humor even during difficult times for her. She loved her Lord, her friends, and especially her family deeply. As long as she was able, she uttered the words”I love you”. We will miss her at Covenant Village, yet find comfort that she is now made whole, at peace, and enjoying Heaven, with all its glorious rewards!