Carothers Funeral Home at Gaston Memorial Park & Gaston Memorial Park
2205 Williamsburg Drive, Gastonia, NC
Mary Aileen Goins Goudelock
May 8, 1931 – July 31, 2020
'She Was a Feisty Woman and The Best Mom Around'
Mary Aileen Goins Goudelock, age 89, passed away on Friday ~ July 31, 2020. Mary was the greatest wife in the world who loved her husband dearly, the best mom who was smart and full of laughter and loved all of her children equally, an exceptional grandmother who loved unconditionally, a great grandmother who set the example for them to follow and the proudest great-great grandmother whose precious memories will always be recalled. Like her late husband James, Mary had a passion for gardening, but her passion was flowers and working the yard, she and her husband were very private with their personal and family affairs. They also were very mannerly and taught their children to be the same, polite and kind to everyone.
Those left to cherish Mary's memories and carry on her legacy are her two daughters and son in law: Karen Rhinehart of Stanley, Cheryl and David Callahan of Dallas; son and daughter in law: Steve and Anne Goudelock of Dallas; five grandchildren and their spouses: Michael Rhinehart, Denise and Ron Kiker, Kristin and Jeff Vernon, Misty and Brian Rollins, James and Wendy Goudelock; seven great grandchildren: Kimberly Johns, Meagan and Jake Vernon, Emerald and Zander Rollins, Kaden and Lexie Goudelock; great-great granddaughter: Selena Hamilton; sister: Hazel Pressley; sister in law and her husband: Mary Faye and Leon Goudelock.
Mary was the daughter of the late Romie Goins and Oma Hamilton Goins. She was also preceded in death by her husband of 72 years, James Edward Goudelock , who passed away on July 20, 2020; one sister and two brothers in law: Joyce and Bud Chaney, Torrence Pressley; son in law: Nelson Rhinehart.
Graveside and Committal Service will be held at 10:00 AM, Tuesday ~ August 4, 2020 in the Garden of Mark at Gaston Memorial Park, 1200 South New Hope Road, Gastonia with Pastors Harold Blankenship and Jeff Goudelock delivering words of hope and comfort to Mary's family and friends. Active pallbearers are David Callahan, Brian Rollins, Jeff Vernon, Michael Rhinehart, Matt Kanupp and Ray Wooten.
During reasonable daytime hours, friends may visit the home of her daughter and son in law, Cheryl and David Callahan, 506 West Wilkins Street, Dallas.
In lieu of flowers, donations are asked to be made in memory of Mary to the Alzheimer's Association www.Alz.org
Expressions of love and fond memories may be made on Mary's guestbook at www.carothersfuneralhomegastonia.com
Mary and her loving family are in the care of Carothers Funeral Home at Gaston Memorial Park.
- Karen Rhinehart, Daughter
- Michael Rhinehart, Grandson
- Denise Kiker, Granddaughter
- Ron Kiker, Grandson in Law
- Kimberly Johns, Great Granddaughter
- Selena Hamilton, Great Great Granddaughter
- Kristen Vernon, Granddaughter
- Jeff Vernon, Grandson in Law
- Meagan Vernon, Great Granddaughter
- Jake Vernon, Great Grandson
- Cheryl Callahan, Daughter
- David Callahan, Son in Law
- Misty Rollins, Granddaughter
- Brian Rollins, Grandson in Law
- Emerald Rollins, Great Granddaughter
- Zander Rollins, Great Grandson
- Steve Goudelock, Son
- Anne Goudelock, Daughter in Law
- James Goudelock, Grandson
- Wendy Goudelock, Granddaughter in Law
- Kaden Goudelock, Great Grandson
- Lexie Goudelock, Great Granddaughter
- Hazel Pressley, Sister
- Mary Faye Goudelock, Sister in Law
- Leon Goudelock, Brother in Law
- Romie Goins, Father (deceased)
- Oma Hamilton Goins, Mother (deceased)
- James Edward Goudelock, Husband of 72 Years (deceased)
- Joyce Chaney, Sister (deceased)
- Bud Chaney, Brother in Law (deceased)
- Torrence Pressley, Brother in Law (deceased)
- Nelson Rhinehart, Son in Law (deceased)
- David Callahan
- Brian Rollins
- Jeff Vernon
- Michael Rhinehart
- Matt Kanupp
- Ray Wooten
Graveside and Committal Ceremony
Tuesday, August 4, 2020