May 29, 1931 – July 29, 2019
It is with profound sadness that we announce the passing of Albert Hooper on Monday July 29, 2019 at the age of 88, at the Glace Bay General Hospital. He was the son of the late Harold and Gladys Hooper.
Albert worked many years providing trucking services for Dominion Coal Company at #20 Colliery. He later founded Glengary Excavators , a company he nurtured for 40 plus years. Albert was a diehard Toronto Maple Leafs fan, and movie buff.
Albert is survived by his 3 children, Glenn(Betty Lou), Howie Center, Gail (Gordon) Leighton, Sydney Forks, Gary, Reserve Mines; grandchildren Khalil (Andrea) Abouhamad, CA, Selina (Bryan) Parnell, Ottawa, Tara Smith (Kenny) Reserve Mines, Jarrett Smith, Toronto; great grandchildren Finn, Hugo, Leela, Khloe, and Rory; brothers- in- law Edward (Blanche) Murrant , and Nelson (Sandra) Murrant,; many nieces and nephews.
Predeceased by his parents, and his wife Joyce, daughter-in-law Donna Smith Hooper, & grandson Tyler Hooper.
Thank you to the staff at 3 South, GBGH and Dr. James MacLean.
Visitation will be held Thursday August 1st, from 10-11 am, at Patten Funeral Home, 71 Union St., Glace Bay, with a Funeral service following at 11am with Rev. Dana Feltmate officiating. A reception will follow. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to a charity of one’s choice.
- Gladys Hooper, Mother (deceased)
- Harold Hooper, Father (deceased)
- Joyce Hooper, Wife (deceased)
- Glenn (Betty Lou) Hooper, Son
- Gail (Gordon) Leighton, Daughter
- Gary Hooper, Son
- Khalil (Andrea) Abouhamad, Grandson
- Selina (Bryan) Parnell, Granddaughter
- Tara (Kenny) Smith, Granddaughter
- Jarrett Smith, Grandson
- Finn -, Great Grandson
- Hugo -, Great Grandson
- Leela -, Great Granddaughter
- Kloe -, Great Granddaughter
- Rory -, Great Grandson
- Edward (Blanche) Murrant, Brother-in-law
- Nelson (Sandra) Murrant, Brother-in-law
- Donna Smith Hooper, Daughter-in-law (deceased)
- Tyler Hooper, Grandson (deceased)
- Visitation - Patten Funeral Home Thursday, August 1, 2019
- Funeral Service, Patten Funeral Home Chapel Thursday, August 1, 2019
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
Stephen, Charmaine & Brandon Lyttle
August 1, 2019
So sorry to hear the passing of your dad .
Hugs to you all. From the Ellershouse villagers.
July 31, 2019
Betty Lou ,Glenn and Family:
It is with sadness to read of your father in laws / dads passing.Please accept my sincere condolences.
He is now in Heaven with your beautiful son Tyler ,your sister Paula and other family members.
I will always remember the great times we had at your parents place with Dorita.We never left hungry.
May God Bless You All during this time.
Raylene( Cochrane) MacEachern
Formerly from the Bay