February 25, 1940 – April 13, 2019
Barbara Glathaar, a 79 year old resident of Gladstone, MO passed away on April 13, 2019 at the North Kansas City Hospital.
Mrs. Glathaar was born on February 25, 1940 in Waterloo, MO the daughter of James Herbert and Letha Alvina (Alumbaugh) Curtner. She was raised in Wellington, MO. The family moved to Kansas City when she was 17. She graduated from East High School in 1958. After high school she worked for Sears and Roebuck. She met her husband Richard Glathaar in June of 1967, they were married September 14, 1967.
Survivors include one daughter, Dena Petrie and her husband, Rice; one son, Richard Glathaar Jr. and his wife, Marcie; four grandchildren, Xavier Petrie, Brady Glathaar, Aly Baker, and Makenzie Baker. She’ll also be missed by several nieces, nephews, cousins, and her beloved fur baby, Bella.
In addition to her parents and husband, she was preceded in death by one brother, James Gordon Curtner; and one sister, Wanda Faye Johnson.
- James Herbert Curtner, Father
- Letha Alvina Alumbaugh, Mother
- Richard Glathaar, Husband
- James Gordon Curtner, Brother
- Wanda Faye Johnson, Sister
- Dena (Rice) Petrie, Daughter
- Richard (Marcie) Glathaar Jr., Son
- Xavier Petrie, Grandchild
- Brady Glathaar, Grandchild
- Aly Baker, Grandchild
- Makenzie Baker, Grandchild
- Northland Shepherd's Center
- Visitation Wednesday, April 17, 2019
- Memorial Service Wednesday, April 17, 2019
April 16, 2019
You are the best mother I could have ever asked for. You taught me so much, there is no words that can ever say how much I appreciated your existence. I'm going to miss you so very much.
Carol Ann Sigmund Orndorff
April 14, 2019
I’m sorry to hear of Barbie’s(her nick name when were kids) death. We were friends in Wellington, growing up together. It was a great experience then, to be able to just walk up the street and around the corner to play with your friends. You have my deepest sympathy.
FROM THE FAMILY
FROM THE FAMILY
IN THE CARE OF