Betty L. Fetters
May 10, 1929 – January 31, 2019
Betty L. Fetters, of Lake Waukomis, MO, entered Heaven’s gate at the age of 89. Betty was born in Kansas City, MO to the late John T. Wilson and Christine Wilson.
Betty graduated from Lillis High School. She was married to James (Curly) K. Fetters, who preceded her in death on December 6, 1990. Curly and Betty had 4 children. Daughter, Toni Marie Hurtado, and son, Kevin Michael Fetters, preceded her in death.
Survivors include son, James R. Fetters and wife, Cindy; daughter, Wilma K. Manning and husband, Doug; and son-in-law, Norbert Hurtado. Betty grew up in a large family with 5 sisters and 1 brother. She was next to the youngest, but would always tell her little sister, Wilma, that she was younger.
Siblings, Margaret Linquist, Lois Corbin, Mary Boswell and John T. Wilson preceded her in death. Surviving sisters are Wilma Hagan and Christine Wright. She is survived by her grandchildren, Michael Sullivan wife, Abby, Jason Fetters wife, Carly, Erin Sullivan, Robyn Dent and husband, Zach, Jeff DeVaul-Fetters wife, Mandy, Christina Gutierrez and Amy Manning. Betty was known as Lil’ Grandma to her 14 great grandchildren. She leaves numerous nieces and nephews that she adored.
Betty worked at Russell Stover Candies and quit to be a stay at home Mom and loved taking care of her family. When the kids were in grade school, she was the PTA President. Betty and Curly loved living on the lake and enjoyed sharing their little piece of heaven with family and friends. On the 4th of July, Betty had the best spot on the lake for fireworks watching.
Betty will truly be missed by her family and friends.
- John T. Wilson, Father (deceased)
- Christine Wilson, Mother (deceased)
- James K. "Curley" Fetters, Husband (deceased)
- Toni Marie Hurtado, Daughter (deceased)
- Kevin Michael Fetters, Son (deceased)
- James R. (Cindy) Fetters, Son
- Wilma K. (Doug) Manning, Daughter
- Norbert Hurtado, Son-in-law
- Margaret Linquist, Sister (deceased)
- Lois Corbin, Sister (deceased)
- Mary Boswell, Sister (deceased)
- John T. Wilson, Brother (deceased)
- Wilma Hagan, Sister
- Christine Wright, Sister
- Michael (Abby) Sullivan, Grandson
- Jason (Carly) Fetters, Grandson
- Erin Sullivan, Granddaughter
- Robyn (Zach) Dent, Granddaughter
- Jeff (Mandy) DeVaul-Fetters, Grandson
- Christina Gutierrez, Granddaughter
- Amy Manning, Granddaughter
- Jimmy Fetters
- Jason Fetters
- Jeff Fetters
- Michael Sullivan
- Zach Dent
- Peck Hagan
Sunday, February 10, 2019
Betty L. Fetters
February 6, 2019
Your mother was always a loving soul overflowing with hospitality. Remembering the encounters as a very young child & the fun we had a children.
My dad, Chuck Fetters, is still often remembered, as I am sure you do & will remember your parents. My mother, Dolores Fetters @ 90 yrs is still afoot & remarried 12 yrs ago a lovely gentleman. As you have also lost siblings, Roxann has been deceased since 2001 & is thought of often, Fred Richner has been my spouse near 50 yrs & we retired to Kerrvile, Texas 4 yrs ago the journey has been blessed & good.
Hopes this finds you & yours, although deeply saddened, full of joy & blessings.
Claudia (Fetters) Richner