Violet Maxine Carter
April 21, 1922 – February 6, 2020
Violet Maxine was born on April 21, 1922 in Trenton, Missouri. Her parents were Rhoda Jane Ellis and Earl Eller. The family soon after settled in Kansas City where she attended Woodland Grade School and Manuel High School and Sarachon Hooley Business School.
She served her country during WWII at the North American Aviation Plant in Fairfax, Kansas and later at General Motors. Upon leaving GM in 1956, she went to work for Beta Sigma Phi Sorority until she retired in 1983. She later worked for periods of time at Park College and the Park Hill School District.
Maxine later married James Lowell Carter which was a perfect union until he passed in 1990. She also was preceded in death by most of her family including her parents, her siblings Roy, Earl and Kathleen, and her beloved “Uncle Bill”. She is survived by numerous nieces and nephews.
- Earl Everette Eller, Father (deceased)
- Rhoda Jane Ellis, Mother (deceased)
- James Lowell Carter, Husband (deceased)
- Roy, Brother (deceased)
- Earl, Brother (deceased)
- Kathleen, Sister (deceased)
- Uncle Bill, Uncle (deceased)
- Visitation Friday, February 14, 2020
- Graveside Service Friday, February 14, 2020
IN THE CARE OF