Ruth J. Saari
August 12, 1939 – November 26, 2018
Beloved wife and mother, Ruth left this earth on November 26, 2018. Born in Cheneyville, LA and moved to Phoenix in 1963.
She was 79 years old and an active member of Sts. Simon & Jude and then St. Elizabeth Seton churches. She worked and volunteered at Roadrunner Elementary School and volunteered at St. Vincent de Paul. Proceeded in death by her husband, Harvey. She is survived by her three children Beth Bacho (Ross), Amy Stifter (Rick), and Jon Saari (Michelle); five grand children Abbey Begin (Jay), Dayna Harrison (Kyle), Jana Sullivan (Terry), Joshua Saari and Jakob Saari; seven great-grandchildren; and her sister Mabelee. A visitation will be held from 5-8pm with a rosary at 6pm on Thursday, November 29, 2018 at Chapel of the Chimes Mortuary, 7924 N 59TH Ave, Glendale, AZ. Memorial mass will be 10am Friday, November 30, 2018 at St. Jerome Catholic Church, 10815 N 35th Ave, Phoenix, AZ. In lieu of flowers the family suggests donations to St. Vincent de Paul Society, P.O. Box 13600 Phoenix, AZ 85002 in Ruth’s name.
- Beth (Ross) Bacho, Daughter
- Amy (Rick) Stiffer, Daughter
- Jon (Michelle) Saari, Son
- Abbey (Jay) Begin, Grandchild
- Dayna (Kyle) Harrison, Grandchild
- Jana (Terry) Sullivan, Grandchild
- Joshua Saari, Grandchild
- Jakob Saari, Grandchild
- Survived by her, seven great-grandchildren; and her sister Mabelee.
- Visitation Thursday, November 29, 2018
- Rosary Service Thursday, November 29, 2018
- Memorial Service Friday, November 30, 2018
Ruth J. Saari
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
Harold and Cathy Huffman
November 29, 2018
To Beth, Amy and Jon, our sincere sympathy on the loss of your mother. We have many fond memories of our days at SSJ together. Your mom was a warm and caring person with a lovely sense of humor.