May 22, 1942 – December 25, 2020
Elroy Newman, 78, of Gonzales, Texas passed away on Friday, December 25, 2020 at his residence surrounded by his loving family.
Funeral Mass is under the direction of Buffington Funeral Home in Gonzales, Texas and will be held on Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 10:00 am at Saint James Catholic Church in Gonzales, Texas with Father Jason Martini officiating. Interment will follow at Gonzales Memorial Park Cemetery. Visitation will be at Buffington Funeral Home on Wednesday, December 30, 2020 from 5:00 until 9:00 pm.
Elroy was born on May 22, 1942 in Cuero Texas. He was the son of Stanley and Lunise (Newman) Wilkerson. After high school, Elroy joined the US Army and served his country for 22 years. Upon his retirement from the military, he worked at several different jobs to keep active. Elroy married Pauline Tuch in Gonzales, Texas on October 18, 2006. Elroy liked to go fishing and having BBQs with his family and friends. He liked to watch sports, especially basketball and football. He also to watch westerns on tv. He liked to work on cars and he liked fast cars. Elroy loved to play games with his grandchildren.
Elroy is survived by four sons; Steven Gonzales, and his wife, Melinda of Gonzales, Texas, Nick Gonzales, and his wife, Carmen of Gonzales, Texas, David Gonzales and his wife, Margie of Gonzales, Texas, Leroy Tuch and his wife, Terry of Gonzales, Texas, three daughters; Pamela Hernandez and her husband, Jesse of Katy, Texas, Debbie Thomas and her husband, Keith of Katy, Texas, Shirley Johnson and her husband, Johnny of Luling, Texas, two brothers; David Wilkerson and his wife, Nadine of Scottsdale, Kentucky, Michael Wilkerson and his spouse, David Ball of San Antonio, Texas. one sister; Jessica McKinney and her husband Nicky of Gonzales, Texas, sixteen grandchildren, and sixteen great-grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents; Stanley and Lunise Wilkerson, His loving wife, Pauline, one brother; Thomas Wilkerson, one sister; Jaqueline Smyth, and one grandson; Jonathon Gonzales.
Pallbearers for Mr. Newman will be; Hunter Gonzales, Noah Gonzales, Tristan Hernandez, Samuel Hernandez, Nicki McKinney, and Aaron Johnson. Honorary pallbearers will be; Michael Wilkerson and David Wilkerson.
To join the family in celebrating Leroy’s life, and to offer words of comfort, please go to: www.buffingtonfuneralhomegonzales.com
- Pauline Tuch, Wife (deceased)
- Stanley Wilkerson, Father (deceased)
- Lunise Newman, Mother (deceased)
- Steven Gonzales (Melinda), Son
- Nick Gonzales (Carmen), Son
- David Gonzales (Margie), Son
- Leroy Tuch (Terry), Son
- Pamela Hernandez (Jesse), Daughter
- Debbie Thomas (Keith), Daughter
- Shirley Johnson (Johnny), Daughter
- David Wilkerson (Nadine), Brother
- Michael Wilkerson (David Ball), Brother
- Jessica McKinney (Nicky), Sister
- Thomas Wilkerson, Brother (deceased)
- Jacqueline Smith, Sister (deceased)
- Jonathon Gonzales, Grandson (deceased)
- Mr. Newman also leaves behind 16 Grandchildren and 16 Great-Grandchildren to cherish his memory.
- Hunter Gonzales
- Noah Gonzales
- Tristan Hernandez
- Samuel Hernandez
- Nicki McKinney
- Aaron Johnson
- Michael Wilkerson, Honorary
- David Wilkerson, Honorary
Wednesday, December 30, 2020
Thursday, December 31, 2020
Thursday, December 31, 2020