Alfred A. Hartman
May 31, 1932 – April 28, 2019
Alfred A. Hartman, age 86, of Grand Prairie, Texas passed away on Sunday, April 28, 2019.
Alfred was born May 31, 1932 in Richmond Hill, NY to Joseph and Anna Hartmann. He was a devout Catholic and sang for many years in choirs at the parishes where he and his family worshiped. Alfred also sang at the St. Louis Basilica in New Orleans, Louisiana and performed in light opera in San Clemente, California. He served in the Air Force for 4 years during the Korean conflict and was proud of his service to our country. Professionally, Alfred founded and owned an actuarial consulting firm in southern California for many years.
He is survived by his wife of 64 years, Darlene Artell Hartman; children: Mark Hartman and wife Kimberly, Kip Hartman and wife Donna, Theresa Hartman, Beth Hartman Belcher and husband Mark, Gretchen Hartman Sharpe and husband Paul, Thomas Hartman Chun and wife Diane, Hans Hartman and wife Pamela, Tony Hartman, Katie Hartman Amero, Anna Hartman Gaudio, Mary Claire Hartman, Paul John Hartman, Jeremy Morgan and wife Susan, Maria Hartman, Samuel Hartman, Jennifer Hartman, Amalia Hartman, Bill Hartman, and BJ Hartman; 42 grandchildren and 20 great-grandchildren.
Alfred is predeceased by his son Peter Hartman.
A visitation for Alfred will be held Friday, May 3, 2019 from 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM at St. Maria Goretti Catholic Church, 1200 South Davis Drive, Arlington, Texas, followed by a Rosary starting at 10:30 AM and concluding with a Mass of Christian Burial starting at 11:00 AM. A burial service will occur Tuesday, May 7, 2019 at 2:15 PM at Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery, 2000 Mountain Creek Parkway, Dallas, TX 25211. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to Smile Train, Food For The Poor, or EWTN.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.beanmasseyburge.com for the Hartman family.
- Darlene Artell Hartman, Wife
- Mark (Kimberly) Hartman and 5 Children, Son
- Kip (Donna) Hartman and 6 Children, Son
- Theresa Hartman and 5 Children, Daughter
- Beth (Mark) Hartman Belcher and 6 Children, Daughter
- Gretchen (Paul) Hartman Sharp, Daughter
- Thomas (Diane) Hartman Chun and 1 Child, Son
- Hans (Pamela) Hartman and 3 Children, Son
- Tony Hartman, Son
- Katie Hartman Amero and 2 Children, Daughter
- Anne Hartman Gaudio and 4 Children, Daughter
- Mary Claire Hartman and 2 Children, Daughter
- Paul John Hartman, Son
- Peter Hartman, Son
- Jeremy (Susan) Morgan and 4 Children, Son
- Maria Hartman, Daughter
- Samurl Hartman, Son
- Jennifer Hartman and 4 Children, Daughter
- Amalia Hartman, Daughter
- Bill Hartman, Son
- BJ Hartman, Son
- Visitation Friday, May 3, 2019
- Rosary Service Friday, May 3, 2019
- Funeral Mass Friday, May 3, 2019
- Committal Service Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Alfred A. Hartman
May 3, 2019
I'm so sorry for your loss . Please know I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Please take comfort in knowing that your dad is resting in the compamy of the angels and saints.