Willis Rush McKinney
June 25, 1930 – March 2, 2020
Willis R. McKinney “PaPa Mac” passed away on March 2, 2020. He was born June, 25, 1930 in Tremont, Mississippi. He was a proud veteran who served twelve years in the United States Air Force, taking him to three continents while serving his country. He worked for Western Union for over 20 years and the United States Postal Service before finally retiring. He loved to take pictures and read the newspaper. He was a Freemason in the Masonic Lodge of Texas for over 50 years.
Willis was preceded in death by his parents, Aaron and Carrie McKinney; brother James McKinney, niece, Martha and nephew, Jerry. He is survived by his loving wife of 64 years Helen, children Anita Kirk and spouse Darrell, Cindy Balusek and spouse Dennis, Patrick McKinney and spouse Jan, and Charles McKinney and spouse Isabel. Grandchildren, Connie, Curtis, Shawn, Samantha, Deanna and Elizabeth. nephew, David McKinney and spouse Patti and niece Shirley Swalley.
Visitation will be held at Bean-Massey-Burge Funeral home at 2951 S. Belt Line Road. Grand Prairie, TX 75052 on Monday, March 9, 2020, from 10:00AM to 12:00PM. Funeral service will follow at 12:00PM. Committal Service will be held at the Dallas Fort Worth National Cemetery on Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 1:00PM.
- Helen Virginia Elrod McKinney, Spouse
- Anita Kirk (Darrell Kirk), Daughter
- Cynthia Balusek (Dennis Balusek), Daughter
- Patrick McKinney (Jan McKinney), Son
- Charles McKinney (Isabel McKinney), Son
- Connie Balusek, Granddaughter
- Curtis Balusek, Grandson
- Shawn McKinney, Grandson
- Samantha McKinney, Granddaughter
- Deanna McKinney, Granddaughter
- Elizabeth McKinney, Granddaughter
- David McKinney (Patti McKinney), Nephew
- Shirley Swalley, Niece
- Carrie McKinney, Mother (deceased)
- Aaron Mckinney, Father (deceased)
- James McKinney, Brother (deceased)
- Martha McKinney, Niece (deceased)
- Jerry McKinney, Nephew (deceased)
- Patrick McKinney, Active Pallbearer
- Charles McKinney, Active Pallbearer
- Shawn McKinney, Active Pallbearer
- Curtis Balusek, Active Pallbearer
- Dennis Balusek, Active Pallbearer
- Darrell Kirk, Active Pallbearer
- Fred Young, Honorary Pallbearer
- R.C. Thrasher , Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Monday, March 9, 2020
- Funeral Service Monday, March 9, 2020
- Committal Service Tuesday, March 10, 2020
Willis Rush McKinney
March 5, 2020
Mr. McKinney, God has an angel in heaven. You are a man that defines what a man should be. You married a wonderful woman, and had four wonderful children. You will be missed by many. Loved by all. Cathy Jenkins
March 3, 2020
Memory of a fine neighbor on Barwood Drive! He brought many smiles to all the neighbors on this street.
Rest in peace Willis and our love to the family.
All the LeRibeus family