Dorothy Elizabeth Benton
November 11, 1931 – July 22, 2021
Dorothy Elizabeth Benton, 89, went to be with her Lord and Savior on July 22, 2021, in Colorado Springs, CO.
A memorial service will be on Thursday, July 29, at 1:00 at Allnutt Funeral Service, Macy Chapel, in Greeley, CO.
She was born November 11, 1931, in Rocky Mount, North Carolina, to Horace Franklin and Elsie Lee Brock. She married Douglas Benton on June 28, 1964. She is preceded in death by her husband, parents, and son, Charles Edward Benton.
The most important part of Dorothy’s life involved her faith, family, and service to others. She accepted Jesus as her Lord and Savior as a child. Doug was the love of her life, and her children and grandchildren are her most important accomplishments. She served as a nurse for almost forty years and cared for many family and community members during her lifetime. She earned her R.N. in 1956 from Maryview Teaching Hospital in Portsmouth, Virginia. She was an active member of Gideons International Auxiliary and the Evangelical Free Church.
She is survived by her brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Wilbur and Florence Benton of Eaton, CO; daughter and spouse, Sheryl and Wayne Larsen; son and spouse, William and Lori Benton; her grandchildren, Mitchell and Kristina Garner, Matthew Garner, Braiden and Brooke Garner, Aurora Garner, Bryson Garner, Michael Wagner, Jr., Hannah Wagner, and Elizabeth Benton; and her great-grandchildren, Beckham and Ryker Garner.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Evangelical Free Church of Eaton, Colorado or Gideons International.
To share memories and condolences please visit Allnuttgreeley.com.
- Michael Wagner Jr., Pallbearer
- Mitchell Garner, Pallbearer
- Matthew Garner, Pallbearer
- Braiden Garner, Pallbearer
- Wayne Larsen, Pallbearer
- Rex Smithgall, Pallbearer
- Wilbur Benton, Honourary Pallbearer
- Jan Bertholf, Honourary Pallbearer
- John Everitt, Honourary Pallbearer
- Gary Hazen, Honourary Pallbearer
- Dan Kuntz, Honourary Pallbearer
- Tom Rose, Honourary Pallbearer
- Bryson Garner, Honourary Pallbearer
- Gary Morgan, Honourary Pallbearer
- Evangelical Free Church of Eaton
- Gideons International
Thursday, July 29, 2021