Kenneth "Ken" Edward Corliss
September 20, 1936 – June 6, 2019
Kenneth Edward Corliss, 82, of Greeley, passed away June 6, 2019 at Centennial Health Care. Kenneth was born to Edward and Florence (Brown) Corliss on September 20, 1936 in Hebron, Nebraska.
He attended Hebron High School, enlisted in the Army in 1957 and was discharged in 1959. He married Sharon K. Schlagel on January 29, 1960 in Greeley and they began their life together.
Ken worked for Boise Payette Lumber Company in Greeley before moving to Sedalia to work on the William Sinclair Ranch. In 1966 the family moved to the Timnath area to pursue farming and eventually settled on a farm east of Kersey where they farmed for 38 years. Ken was a good farmer and highly respected by his peers. He was always willing to help out a friend or neighbor; A proud event in his life was being named a high 10 sugar beet producer. Ken loved agriculture, both farming and ranching, and was proud that all 3 of his children chose to follow in his path.
In addition to his love of agriculture, Ken made it a point to be involved in his community. He attended Kersey Community Church, and was a member of Kersey Farm Bureau. He was also involved in men's and couples bowling leagues.
He is survived by his wife, Sharon Corliss; sons, Chris (Sabrina) Corliss of Kersey, CO, and Doug (Jodi) Corliss of Kersey, CO; daughter, Ruth Ann (Wayne) Shoemaker of Kimball NE; grandchildren, Kate (Thomas) Nichols of Kersey, CO, Keith (Janie) Shoemaker of New Raymer, CO, Kevin and Kip Shoemaker of Bushnell, NE, and Jaci and Dane Corliss of Kersey, CO; great-grandchildren, Kinlee Shoemaker, and J.P. and Beau Nichols; brothers, Robert W. and Herbert D. Corliss; and sister, Marilyn Moore.
He is preceded by his parents and sister, Phyllis Cross.
Visitation will be at 9:30 A.M. followed by the Service at 10:00 A.M. Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at the Kersey Community Church, 201 1st St. Kersey, CO 80644. Interment at 11:30 A.M. at Sunset Memorial Gardens 3400 W. 28th St., Greeley, CO. Memorial contributions may be made to Kersey Community Church in care of Allnutt Funeral Service, 6521 20th Street, Greeley, CO 80634.
- Keith Shoemaker, Pallbearer
- Kevin Shoemaker, Pallbearer
- Kip Shoemaker, Pallbearer
- Dane Corliss, Pallbearer
- Wade Corliss, Pallbearer
- Loren Schlagel, Pallbearer
- Eddie Faller, Honorary Pallbearer
- Bruce Schlagel, Honorary Pallbearer
- Bob Schlagel, Honorary Pallbearer
- Perry Schild, Honorary Pallbearer
- Brian Schild, Honorary Pallbearer
- Mark Schild, Honorary Pallbearer
- Thomas Nichols, Honorary Pallbearer
- Jim Corliss, Honorary Pallbearer
- Shawn Corliss, Honorary Pallbearer
- Harold Corliss, Honorary Pallbearer
- Bill Reed, Honorary Pallbearer
- Kersey Community Church
- Visitation Wednesday, June 12, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, June 12, 2019
- Committal Service Wednesday, June 12, 2019