Robert Manford Hanes
April 17, 1924 – April 5, 2019
Robert M. Hanes, 94 of Greeley, passed away April 5, 2019. He was born on April 17, 1924 in Bartley, Nebraska to Ellsworth and Fern Hanes.
Robert attended Stockville School in Nebraska and later was self-employed in the cattle industry for many years. He married Joyce Yates in 1980 and always took a great interest in horses and cattle.
Robert is survived by his wife, son, Butch, two grandchildren, Michelle Reusink and Michael Hanes, five great-grandchildren, Kayla and Kody Reusink, Justin, Stephanie and Lindsey Hanes, four step-children, Pamela, Christine, Dan and Jennifer Yates, and five step-grandchildren, Josh Amy and Brittney Mathena, and Adam and Ivan Yates.
He is preceded in death by his parents, four brothers and three sisters.
A Funeral Service will be at 2 pm on Saturday, April 13, 2019 at Stoddard Funeral Home, 3205 W. 28th Street, Greeley, Colorado.
- Joyce Norton, Wife
- Butch Hanes, Son
- Michelle Reusink, Grandchild
- Michael Hanes, Grandchild
- Kayla Reusink, Great Grandchild
- Kody Reusink, Great Grandchild
- Justin Hanes, Great Grandchild
- Stephanie Hanes, Great Grandchild
- Lindsey Hanes, Great Grandchild
- Pamela Yates, Step-child
- Christine Yates, Step-child
- Dan Yates, Step-child
- Jennifer Yates, Step-child
- Josh Amy, Step-grandchild
- Brittney Mathena, Step-grandchild
- Adam Yates, Step-grandchild
- Ivan Yates, Step-grandchild
- Mike Hanes
- Justin Hanes
- Terry Reusink
- Paul Arent
- Wayne Crawford
- Josh Methena
- Kody Reusink
- Visitation Saturday, April 13, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, April 13, 2019
- Interment Saturday, April 13, 2019
Robert Manford Hanes
April 13, 2019
Sympathies to the family of Bob Hanes from Carol, Paul, and Virginia Lightsey.
Long time neighbors "across the road" on 16th Street with a shared interest in horses and dogs. Enjoyed the listening and watching the cattle across the way, and Bob using a modern tractor to load manure into an antique horse drawn spreader for Dusty and Rusty to pull as they spread it over the pasture.