July 11, 1926 – March 6, 2019
Thelma Cruz, 92 of Evans, passed away at Medical Center of the Rockies on March 6, 2019. Thelma was born July 11, 1926 in New Mexico to Antonio and Maria (Rodriguez) Lujan. She married Sam Cruz in Greeley in June of 1949.
To the most amazing and beloved wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother who shared her love, devotion and support not just to her family but to everyone she knew. Thelma was a proud, hardworking homemaker. She enjoyed embroidery, gardening, cooking, watching The Price is Right and playing with her grandchildren.
She is survived by son, David (Diana) Cruz; daughters, Linda (Anthony) Vigil, Rose Gonzales, Amelia (Robert) Lopez and Patricia (Dan) Magdaleno; sister, Mary Gomez; as well as 10 grandchildren, 19 great-grandchildren and 6 great-great grandchildren.
Thelma was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; a son and a daughter; 1 brother; 3 sisters; and 1 great-grandchild.
A visitation will be held from 5-7:00 P.M. with a Rosary to follow starting at 7:00 P.M. on Thursday, March 14, 2019 at the Allnutt Macy Chapel. Services will be held at 9:30 A.M. on Friday, March 15, 2019 at St. Peter’s Catholic Church, Greeley. Interment at Linn Grove Cemetery.
Memorial contributions can be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in care of Allnutt Funeral Service, 702 13th Street, Greeley, CO 80631. Please visit www.allnuttgreeley.com to send condolences to the family.
- Anthony Vigil, Pallbearer
- David Cruz Jr., Pallbearer
- Stanley Gonzales Jr., Pallbearer
- Dominic Magdaleno, Pallbearer
- Mikey Minniear, Pallbearer
- Joseph Redfern, Pallbearer
- Jeremy Cruz, Honorary Pallbearer
- Armando Magdaleno, Honorary Pallbearer
- Michael Lucero, Honorary Pallbearer
- John Olivas, Honorary Pallbearer
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Visitation Thursday, March 14, 2019
- Rosary Thursday, March 14, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, March 15, 2019
- Committal Service Friday, March 15, 2019