Benjamin Lewis Blodgett
February 9, 1934 – June 22, 2019
Benjamin Lewis Blodgett, age 85, of Greensburg, Indiana passed away on Saturday, June 22, 2019. Benjamin was born February 9, 1934 in Switzerland County, Indiana to Maurice and Mabel (Peters)Blodgett.
Benjamin was a 1952 graduate of St. Paul High School. He married Jeanette Sue Goodpaster on June 17, 1956 and together they had three children: Sheryl, Penny and Tracy. Benjamin worked at BCA, American Manufacturing, Over the Road Truck Driver, Stoops Freightliner, and Heritage Automotive. He was a member of the First Baptist Church of Greensburg.
Benjamin is survived by his Wife, Jeanette Sue Blodgett; Daughters, Sheryl Wilson, Penny (David) Woods, Son, Tracy (Wendy) Blodgett, and Daughter in Law, Kelly Blodgett; Grandchildren, Tricia (Jeff) Luttel, Brittany (Alan) Coy, Lauren (Nick) Beckett, Casey (Brock) Bagley, Laura (Eric Haywood) Blodgett, and Travis (Mindy Koors) Blodgett; Great Grandchildren, Emma, Samantha, and Aiden Luttel, Owen, Brody, and Benson Coy, Camden and Grant Beckett, and Bianca Bagley; Brother, Paul (Elsie) Blodgett; Sisters, Maxine (Don) Loftin and Sharon Platt; and Sister in Law, Janet Baltus.
Benjamin was preceded in death by; Father, Maurice Blodgett; Mother, Mable Blodgett; Brothers, Ed Blodgett and Tom Blodgett; and Great Granddaughter, Olivia Coy.
A Reception Style Visitation for family and friends will be held Wednesday, June 26, 2019 at Gilliland-Howe Funeral Home from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm. A funeral service will be Thursday, June 27, 2019, at 11:00 am also at the Gilliland Howe Funeral Home. Rev. Jerran Jackson will be officiating. Burial will follow at South Park Cemetery. Memorial contributions can be made to the American Cancer Society.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.gilliland-howe.com
- Maurice Blodgett, Father
- Mabel Blodgett, Mother
- Jeanette Sue Blodgett, Spouse
- Sheryl Wilson, Daughter
- Penny (David) Woods, Daughter
- Tracy (Wendy) Blodgett, Son
- Kelly Blodgett, Daughter-in-law
- Ed Blodgett, Brother
- Paul (Elsie) Blodgett, Brother
- Maxine (Don) Loftin, Sister
- Tom Blodgett, Brother
- Sharon Platt, Sister
- Janet Baltus, Sister-in-law
- Tricia (Jeff) Luttel, Grandchild
- Brittany (Alan) Coy, Grandchild
- Lauren (Nick) Beckett, Grandchild
- Casey (Brock) Bagley, Grandchild
- Laura (Eric Haywood) Blodgett, Grandchild
- Travis (Mindy Koors) Blodgett, Grandchild
- Emma Luttel, Great Grandchild
- Samantha Luttel, Great Grandchild
- Aiden Luttel, Great Grandchild
- Owen Coy, Great Grandchild
- Olivia Coy, Great Grandchild
- Brody Coy, Great Grandchild
- Benson Coy, Great Grandchild
- Camden Beckett, Great Grandchild
- Grant Beckett, Great Grandchild
- Bianca Bagley, Great Grandchild
- Eric Haywood
- Brock Bagley
- Jeff Luttel
- Alan Coy
- Nick Beckett
- Travis Blodgett
- American Cancer Society
- Reception Style Visitation Wednesday, June 26, 2019
- Funeral Thursday, June 27, 2019
Benjamin Lewis Blodgett
June 26, 2019
I had the privilege of knowing Ben for almost 13 years. He was always kind and welcoming to me. I will always be grateful for the way he treated me. Wishing strength and peace to all who knew and loved him.
June 25, 2019
Condolences on the passing of Ben. Having grown up most of my life with Sheryl, Tracy and Penny, I knew Ben and knew he had to be a good dad. Peace to your entire family!
June 24, 2019
Mr. Blodgett was my neighbor for 20 years and was always so nice and friendly. I’m leaving for vacation but wanted the family to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.