Darrell G. Scudder
September 17, 1965 – May 11, 2018
Darrell G. Scudder, 52, of Greensburg, passed away on Friday, May 11, 2018 at his residence. Darrell was born on September 17, 1965 in Greensburg, the son of Jack Scudder and Mary (Rhynearson) Bauer. He married Edith Edmondson on October 31, 1991 and she survives. Other survivors include his children – Mabel (Tim) Duncan, Tina Florea and Joseph Evans; brothers – Mark “Tony” (Diana) Scudder, Pat (Cardeana) Scudder, Jake (Jennifer) Bauer, Tom (Melissa) Scudder and Jeff Scudder; grandchildren – Josh Washburn, Floyd Washburn III, Michael Duncan and Alex Duncan; great grandchildren – Gwen, Skyler, James and Carleigh Washburn and Hunter and Layla Duncan; and several nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents, one brother Steven Scudder, and two grandchildren – Jeff and Candance Washburn and great grandson Damian Washburn. Darrell worked at Five Points Tire in Greensburg for 23 years. He was a loving husband, step-dad, grandpa, brother and uncle. He touched the lives of many people and never met a stranger. A Funeral Service will begin at 3PM on Thursday, May 17, 2018 at the Gilliland-Howe Funeral Home. Visitation will follow on Thursday evening from 4PM – 8PM also at the funeral home. Memorial contributions may be made to the funeral home. Online condolences may be made to the family at www.gilliland-howe.com.
- Jack Scudder, Father
- Mary Bauer, Mother
- Edith Scudder, Wife
- Mabel (Tim) Duncan, Daughter
- Tina Florea, Daughter
- Joseph Evans, Son
- Mark "Tony" (Diana) Scudder, Brother
- Pat (Cardeana) Scudder, Brother
- Jake (Jennifer) Bauer, Brother
- Tom (Melissa) Scudder, Brother
- Jeff Scudder, Brother
- Steven Scudder, Brother
- Josh Washburn, Grandchild
- Floyd Washburn III, Grandchild
- Michael Duncan, Grandchild
- Alex Duncan, Grandchild
- Jeff Washburn, Grandchild
- Candance Washburn, Grandchild
- Gwen Washburn, Great Grandchild
- Skyler Washburn, Great Grandchild
- James Washburn, Great Grandchild
- Carleigh Washburn, Great Grandchild
- Hunter Duncan, Great Grandchild
- Layla Duncan, Great Grandchild
- Damian Washburn, Great Grandchild
- Gilliland-Howe Funeral Home to help with expenses
- Funeral Service Thursday, May 17, 2018
- Visitation Thursday, May 17, 2018
Darrell G. Scudder
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
May 16, 2018
My family met Darrell and the family when we moved to Greensburg . Darrell was always a great help with all our auto issues. Darrell and his family become very good friends to us in the years that we lived in Greensburg. He was an amazing husband, father, grandfather and friend.
He will be missed by all!
My heart aches for the family because he was their ROCK and he loved them unconditionally.
May 14, 2018
I have gone to Five Points for years and don't remember a time I didn't see Darrell. He was ready to help in any way and always was so friendly. I know there had to be some days that he struggled with health issues, but he never showed that to any customers and I never heard him complain about anything. He continued to work doing as much as he could and I admired his work ethic and dedication. It is a bit rare in today's world. He will definitely be missed by me and many other customers who enjoyed seeing him while passing time during car repairs, etc.