Henry Davis Montgomery
October 19, 1915 – July 10, 2018
Henry Davis Montgomery, 102, went to be with the Lord, Tuesday, July 10, 2018.
Henry was born in Anderson, but lived most of his life in Greenville County. A member of the greatest generation, he proudly served his country during WW II in the European Theater. He returned to work for Piedmont Industries where he had a long and rewarding career. He was a faithful and loving husband, father, grandfather, and great-grandfather. An avid car enthusiast, he arose each morning with a song. He entertained many with his singing, playing the harmonica and guitar.
He was preceded in death by his wife of seventy-nine years, Elizabeth Montgomery. He leaves to cherish his memory; two daughters, Patricia (Sherwood) Everette of Evans, GA and Rene Kirby of Greenville, SC; two grandsons, Jonathan (Elizabeth) Everette of Moore, SC and Brian (Brittany) Everette of Marietta, GA; four great grandsons, Nathan, Matthew, Levi, and Wyatt Everette; a brother, Homer Montgomery and numerous nieces and nephews.
Services will be held Friday, July 13, 2018 in Remembrance Chapel, Woodlawn Memorial Park at 3:00 p.m. with visitation beginning at 2:00 p.m.
Memorials may be made to Second Presbyterian Church, 105 River Street, Greenville, SC 29601 or Gideons International, Augusta Southwest Camp U10036, PO Box 204454, Martinez, GA 30917-4454.
The Mackey Mortuary online guest registry at www.mackeymortuary.com.
- Earnest Lesley Montgomery, Father
- Cora McLees Montgomery, Mother
- Elizabeth Montgomery, Wife
- Patricia Everette, Daughter
- Sherwood Everette, Son-in-law
- Rene Kirby, Daughter
- Jonathan Everette, Grandson
- Elizabeth Everette, Granddaughter-in-law
- Brian Everette, Grandson
- Brittany Everette, Granddaughter-in-law
- Nathan Everette, Great Grandson
- Matthew Everette, Great Grandson
- Levi Everette, Great Grandson
- Wyatt Everette, Great Grandson
- Homer Montgomery, Brother
- Mr. Montgomery also leaves numerous nieces and nephews to cherish his memory.
- The Staff of Mackey Funerals and Cremations at Century Drive
Second Presbyterian Church
105 River Street, Greenville, South Carolina 29601
Augusta Southwest Camp U10036 P. O. Box 204454 , Martinez, Georgia 30917-4454
- Visitation Friday, July 13, 2018
- Funeral Service Friday, July 13, 2018
Henry Davis Montgomery
July 13, 2018
Mom, Rene, and Montgomery Family, I am so sorry to hear about Uncle Henry. He was a fine person, and was always very kind to me. He had a wonderful sense of humor. I know that he is home tonight, and that he and Aunt Elizabeth picked up right where they left off.. I wish each of you much love and comfort during this sad time... I am blessed to have known him, and am with your family in spirit and in prayer.
July 12, 2018
I always enjoyed visiting Mr. Henry Montgomery, always welcoming, always humble with a smile to share.