Jewel Price Mitchell
December 5, 1928 – July 30, 2018
Jewel Price Mitchell, 89, widow of the late James Cecil Mitchell, passed away Monday, July 30, 2018, at The Village at Brookwood in Burlington, North Carolina. She was the daughter of the late Marion Oscar and Florence Whatley Price. She was also preceded in death by a sister, Mary Charles Price Dennis.
Born in Selma, Alabama, she was a graduate of Auburn University and was retired from the Greenville County School System. She was a member of Taylors First Baptist Church.
Survivors are a daughter, Carol and husband Mike Hydrick of Mebane, North Carolina; a son, Charles Mitchell and Laurie Lane of Libertyville, Illinois; two grandchildren, Eric Hydrick and wife Rachel of Mebane, North Carolina, and Alison Hydrick Newton and husband, Bret, of Elon, North Carolina; and three great-grandchildren, Ethan Mitchell Hydrick, Elijah James Newton, and Ruth Michelle Newton.
Funeral services will be held in the Chapel at Taylors First Baptist Church on Friday, August 3, at 3:00 p.m. with visitation at the church one hour before the service. Honorary Escort will be members of the Co-Ed 29 Sunday School Class. Burial will be in Woodlawn Memorial Park.
Memorials may be made to Missions Activities, Taylors First Baptist Church, 200 West Main Street, Taylors, South Carolina 29687 or to Hospice of Alamance/Caswell, 914 Chapel Hill Road, Burlington, North Carolina 27215.
Arrangements are under the direction of Mackey Funerals & Cremations Century Drive, Greenville, SC.
- Marion Oscar Price, Father
- Florence Whatley Price, Mother
- James Cecil Mitchell, Husband
- Carol Hydrick, Daughter
- Mike Hydrick, Son-in-law
- Charles Mitchell, Son
- Laurie Lane, Daughter-in-law
- Eric Hydrick, Grandson
- Rachel Hydrick, Granddaughter-in-law
- Alison Hyrdick Newton, Granddaughter
- Bret Newton, Grandson-in-law
- Ethan Mitchell Hydrick, Great Grandchild
- Elijah James Newton, Great Grandchild
- Ruth Michelle Newton, Great Grandchild
- Mary Charles Price Dennis, Sister
- Andy Farr
- Tim Tyler
- Larry Copeland
- Bill Holland
- Benny Holland
- James Harkness
- Co-Ed 29 Sunday School Class, Honorary Pallbearers
Missions Activities Taylors First Baptist Church
200 West Main Street, Taylors, South Carolina 29687
Hospice of Alamance/Caswell
914 Chapel Hill Road, Burlington, North Carolina 27215
- Visitation Friday, August 3, 2018
- Funeral Service Friday, August 3, 2018
- Committal Service Friday, August 3, 2018