Margaret Tudor Murphy
March 20, 1918 – July 6, 2018
Margaret Tudor Murphy, widow of Robert E. Murphy, Sr., died July 6, 2018.
Born in Walden, NY, daughter of the late Charles Edward Tudor and Susan Johnstone Tudor, she was a former resident of Cornwall, NY and civilian retiree of the US Military Academy, West Point, NY. She was a member of The Order of the Eastern Star, Cornwall, NY and of Westminster Presbyterian Church, Greenville, SC.
In addition to her parents and husband, she was predeceased by a son, Robert E Murphy, Jr. and two brothers, Edward H. Tudor and Charles A. Tudor. Survivors include daughter-in-law, Rebecca M. Murphy of Greenville, SC; two granddaughters, Ashley Murphy Bickerstaff (Lindsay), and Shannon Jaynes (Richard); grandson, Brandt Givens (Luci); six great-grandchildren: Neill and Murphy Bickerstaff, Chase and Sarah Grace Givens, and Lewis and Patton Jaynes; and one niece and two nephews.
A memorial service will be held 3:00 PM Saturday, July 14, 2018 at Rolling Green Village in Greenville, SC, with Rev. Amos Workman officiating. Memorials may be made to Westminster Presbyterian Church, 2310 Augusta St., Greenville, SC 29605, www.wpc-online.org; or the Center for Developmental Services, 29 North Academy Street, Greenville, SC 29601, www.cdservices.org.
Arrangements by Mackey Funerals and Cremations at Century Drive, 864-232-6706.
Sign online guestbook: www.mackeymortuary.com.
- Charles Edward Tudor, Father
- Susan Johnstone Tudor, Mother
- Robert E. Murphy, Sr., Husband
- Robert E. Murphy, Jr., Son
- Rebecca M. Murphy, Daughter-in-law
- Ashley Murphy Bickerstaff, Granddaughter
- Lindsay Bickerstaff, Grandson-in-law
- Shannon Jaynes, Granddaughter
- Richard Jaynes, Grandson-in-law
- Brandt Givens, Grandson
- Luci Givens, Granddaughter-in-law
- Neill Bickerstaff, Great Grandchild
- Murphy Bickerstaff, Great Grandchild
- Chase Givens, Great Grandchild
- Sarah Grace Givens, Great Grandchild
- Lewis Jaynes, Great Grandchild
- Patton Jaynes, Great Grandchild
- Edward H. Tudor, Brother
- Charles A. Tudor, Brother
- Mrs. Murphy also leaves one niece and two nephews to cherish her memory.
- Memorial Service Saturday, July 14, 2018