November 10, 1913 – November 5, 2019
Mary Laura Jackson, 105, of Greenville, passed away Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
Born in Red Springs, NC she was a daughter of the late William James and Mamie Kelly Ritter.
She is predeceased by her beloved husband of 56 years Edward David Jackson; daughters, Carol Ann Horne and Linda Simpson; brothers, Bill, Allan, John, Jimmy and Kelly Ritter; sister, Kitty Prosser.
Mary was a Registered Nurse on Long Island, NY where she met her future husband. She also worked for the Presbyterian Home in Charlotte, NC. They were one of the original families to move to White Oak Estates in Spartanburg, SC in 1987. She ran bingo for years and was happiest playing bridge with her friends. Mary was active her entire life in her church including Saint Paul Presbyterian and Third Presbyterian in Charlotte, First Presbyterian and Covenant in Spartanburg. Most important to Mary besides her Savior was her family.
Surviving are her daughter, Kathy Jackson Brown and her husband Harvey of Georgetown, SC; grandsons, Ken Allison (Karen) of Overland, KS; Robbie Allison (Wanda) of Greenville, SC, Jeff Allison (Lisa) of Seneca, SC, Michael Allison (Cynthia) of Greenville, SC, Josh Maxwell (Amy) of Wilmington, NC. and Jake Maxwell (Danielle) of Gastonia, NC; 11 great grandchildren and 11 great great grandchildren.
A graveside service will be conducted Saturday, November 9, 2019 at 2:30pm at Sharon Memorial Park in Charlotte, NC.
In lieu of flowers donations may be made to Covenant Presbyterian Church, 880 W.O. Ezell Blvd., Spartanburg, SC 29301 or Brookdale Hospice, 25 Woods Lake Rd., suite 405, Greenville, SC 29607.
- William James Ritter, Father (deceased)
- Mamie Kelly Ritter, Mother (deceased)
- Edward David Jackson, Husband (deceased)
- Carol Ann Horne, Daughter (deceased)
- Linda Simpson, Daughter (deceased)
- Bill Ritter, Brother (deceased)
- Allan Ritter, Brother (deceased)
- John Ritter, Brother (deceased)
- Jimmy Ritter, Brother (deceased)
- Kelly Ritter, Brother (deceased)
- Kitty Prosser, Sister (deceased)
- Kathy Jackson Brown (Harvey), Daughter
- Ken Allison (Karen), Grandson
- Robbie Allison (Wanda), Grandson
- Jeff Allison (Lisa), Grandson
- Michael Allison (Cynthia), Grandson
- Josh Maxwell (Amy), Grandson
- Jake Maxwell (Danielle), Grandson
- Along with11 great grandchildren and 11 great great grandchildren.
Covenant Presbyterian Church
880 W.O. Ezell Blvd., Spartanburg, South Carolina
25 Woods Lake Road suite 405 , Greenville, South Carolina
No services are scheduled at this time. Receive a notification when services are updated.
November 7, 2019
We just can't believe it. It seemed Mary would never leave us. She came to every activity, and we are thankful beyond measure that she was able to do that up until a couple of weeks ago. A couple of years ago we bought giant "39" balloons to help her celebrate her "39th birthday again." I know she is thrilled to be singing endless refrains of Jesus Loves Me in His presence and being gathered up with all of the friends and family she spoke of often- everyone from her Sunday School teacher who helped her learn the catechism, to her sweetheart Ed. Thank you for sharing her with us.