Mary Lou Burry
September 9, 1939 – August 10, 2019
Mary Lou Burry, age 79 passed away on Saturday August 10, 2019. Mary Lou was born September 9, 1939 to Ethel Bridwell Askew and Robert Allen Askew.
Mary Lou is survived by; daughter Sandra Sharer (Gary); daughter Patricia Diane Sumit; and daughter Barbara Bennett (Gary); brother Broadus Allen Askew, brother John Edward Askew (Wanda), brother Gary Neal Askew (Betsy), brother Paul David Askew (Sharon) and sister Bobbie Askew Alexander. Also surviving Mary Lou are grandchildren; Chris Waldrop, Douglas Waldrop, Johnny Edward Dumit, Raymond Edward Dumit, George Marion Dumit III, Blaire Burdette and Corbin Anderson. Also left to cherish Mary Lou's memory are 18 great grandchildren.
Mary Lou was preceded in death by her husband Douglas Burry; father Robert Allen Askew and mother Ethel Bridwell Askew; sister Frances Askew Roberts; grandchild Brent Phillips.
A graveside for Mary Lou will be held Saturday, August 17, 2019 3:00 PM at Woodlawn Memorial Park, 1901 Wade Hampton Blvd, Greenville, SC 29609.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.woodlawn-fh.com for the Burry family.
- Robert Allen Askew, Father (deceased)
- Ethel Bridwell Askew, Mother (deceased)
- Douglas Burry, Husband (deceased)
- Sandra Sharer (Gary), Daughter
- Patricia Diane Sumit, Daughter
- Barbara Bennett (Gary), Daughter
- Chris Waldrop, Grandchild
- Douglas Waldrop, Grandchild
- Johnny Edward Dumit, Grandchild
- Raymond Edward Dumit, Grandchild
- George Marion Dumit III, Grandchild
- Blair Burdette, Grandchild
- Corbin Anderson, Grandchild
- Brent Phillips, Grandchild (deceased)
- Broadus Allen Askew, Brother
- John Edward Askew (Wanda), Brother
- Gary Neal Askew (Betsy), Brother
- Paul David Askew (Sharon), Brother
- Bobbie Askew Alexander, Sister
- Frances Askew Roberts, Sister (deceased)
- Mary Lou left 18 great grandchildren to cherish her memory.
- Graveside Saturday, August 17, 2019