William Jennings Brannon
October 6, 1934 – April 5, 2019
William “Bill” Jennings Brannon, Sr., 84, of Spartanburg, SC, passed away Friday, April 5, 2019 at his home, under the care of his wife, Nancy and Hospice. He was born on October 6, 1934 to the late Otis Jackson Brannon and Sudie Whaley Brannon in Selma, NC. Bill served in the USN and the USAF and retired from Bell South in 1998 after 30 years of service as an electronic technician. Bill was predeceased by his first wife, Janet Knapp Brannon; his son, Richard Otis Brannon; and his brother, Gene Mills.
Left to remember Bill’s memory are his wife, Nancy; three children: Carrie Sue Herbert (Craig) of Orlando, FL, Vickie Lynn Case (Steve) of Mt. Dora, FL, and William Jennings Brannon, Jr. (Carol) of Cardington, OH, presently serving in the U.S. Army in Seattle, WA; two stepchildren, Jonathan Ray Fischetti (Liz) of Hendersonville, NC, and Kimberlee Dawn Fischetti (Jim) of Washington, DC; numerous grandchildren and great-grandchildren; his sister-in-law, Terrie Mills; cousins, Audrey Spanutius and Wade Brannon; many nieces and nephews; and his special canine companions: Jennee, Luckee, Maggee, Mollee, Emmee, and Mindee, who brought him such comfort every day.
An avid Amateur Radio Operator, Bill (call sign W4BJW) made many friends all over the world. He was a member of ARRL and Cross Hill Community Church in Spartanburg.
Online condolences may be left at www.mackeymortuary.com.
Funeral services with Military Honors will be held 3:00 PM Friday, April 12, 2019 at Cross Hill Community Church, 180 Wingo Heights Rd., Spartanburg, SC 29303 under the direction of Rev. Bo Dunford, his friend and pastor, and Chaplain Katie Harbin of Hospice. Visitation will begin 2:00 PM, an hour prior to the service, and burial will take place on a later date.
Special thanks to Dr. Eric Cole, Andy Elliott, Cross Hill Community Church, Hospice of Spartanburg, and the plethora of friends who helped him through many crises.
Flowers may be sent to the home or the church. Contributions may be made to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, www.lls.org; or Cross Hill Community Church in memory of his son, Richard.
Arrangements by Mackey Funerals and Cremations at Century Drive, Greenville, SC.
- Otis Jackson Brannon, Father
- Sudie Whaley Brannon, Mother
- Janet Knapp Brannon, First Wife
- Richard Otis Brannon, Son
- Gene Mills, Brother
- Nancy Brannon, Wife
- Carrie Sue Herbert, Daughter
- Craig Herbert, Son-in-law
- Vickie Lynn Case, Daughter
- Steve Case, Son-in-law
- William Jennings Brannon Jr., Son
- Carol Brannon, Daughter-in-law
- Jonathan Ray Fischetti, Stepson
- Liz Fischetti, Stepdaughter-in-law
- Kimberlee Dawn Fischetti, Stepdaughter
- Jim Fischetti, Stepson-in-law
- Terri Mills, Sister-in-law
- Audrey Spanutius, Cousin
- Wade Brannon, Cousin
- Jennee ., Canine Companion
- Luckee ., Canine Companion
- Maggee ., Canine Companion
- Mollee ., Canine Companion
- Emmee ., Canine Companion
- Mindee ., Canine Companion
- numerous grandchildren, great-grandchildren, nieces and nephews
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
Cross Hill Community Church
180 Wingo Heights Road, Spartanburg, South Carolina
- Visitation Friday, April 12, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, April 12, 2019