Herman Ross Wiant
May 7, 1926 – March 2, 2018
Herman “Ross” Wiant, 91, passed away on Friday, March 2, 2018. He was a native of Haddonfield, New Jersey and resident of Yorktown, Virginia.
Ross retired in 1993 as an Aerospace Engineer with Lockheed Martin serving as a contractor with NASA for 19 years. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army serving during the Korean Conflict.
Ross was preceded in rest by his first wife, Barbara A. Wiant; his second wife, Mary McConnell Wiant; daughter, Lorraine Topping; grandson, Jeffrey Topping; and great-granddaughter, Lulu Patton. He is survived by his son, Stuart (Tracie) Wiant; three daughters, Judi (Stevie) Du Pont, Adrienne (James) Topping, Renee Wiant Wilson; eight grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and best “fur” friend, August.
A celebration of Ross’ life will be held at 2:00 pm on Friday, March 9, 2018 by Chaplain Donald McMillan at Parklawn-Wood Funeral Home. The family will receive friends immediately following in the funeral home, where they will follow Ross’ advice, “Life is short, eat dessert first”.
Memorial contributions may be made in lieu of flowers to a charity of your choice or to Williamsburg Hospice House.
Special thanks to Lakeita Sharpe and Lois Johnson of Medi-Home Health and Hospice for their exceptional care of our father.
- Stuart Wiant and wife, Tracie, Son
- Judi Du Pont and husband, Stevie, Daughter
- Adrienne Topping and husband, James, Daughter
- Renee Wiant Wilson, Daughter
- Eight Grandchildren, *
- Eight Great-Grandchildren, *
- Mary McConnell Wiant, Wife
- Barbara A. Wiant, First Wife
- Lorraine Topping, Daughter
- Jeffrey Topping, Grandson
- Lulu Patton, Great-Granddaughter
- Herman Ernest Wiant, Father
- Ruth Brader Dodson, Mother
- a charity of your choice
- /or Williamsburg Hospice House
- Celebration of life Service Friday, March 9, 2018
- Visitation to Immediately Follow the Service
Herman Ross Wiant
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
September 15, 2018
My condolences to Stuart and Renee and the entire Wiant family. Barbara and Ross were the best neighbors my son, Chris Baber, and I ever had when we lived in Yorktown VA. I will always remember your family with loving thoughts.
Bev Baber Williams
San Antonio TX
March 5, 2018
Our thoughts and prayers our with you and your family in your time of sorrow. May your fond memories be your comfort in the days ahead until you meet again. Scott Laney and family.