Johnnie R. Borba
August 21, 1945 – February 4, 2019
It is with great sadness that the family of Johnnie Borba announces his peaceful passing after a lengthy illness on February 4, 2019 at the age of 73 years.
John was born in Downey, CA to father, Frank Borba & mother, Evelyn Xavier Borba. He passed away in Hanford, CA.
John will be lovingly remembered by his wife of 45 years, Dena, and his four children, daughters Brenda Bebout, Deborah Darling, and sons Brent Bebout and John Borba (Amy). He loved his seven grandchildren, Cherie Bebout, Sarah Strazi, Brent Begin, Garrett George, Nicole Bebout, John Borba Jr. (J.J.), and Allie Borba. He had 1 great-granddaughter, Brynn Bebout McKillip. John is also survived by his two brothers, Frank Borba (Louise) of Kingsburg, and James Borba (Corinne) of Bakersfield, and sister-in-law, Alice McCord of Sanger. John will be forever remembered by his numerous nieces, nephews, and extended family and dear friends.
John was preceded in death by his parents, Frank Borba, Sr. & Evelyn Borba Mattas, and brother-in-law, Daniel McCord.
John graduated from Kingsburg High School in 1962, and also attended 4 C's in Fresno, CA, as well as Fresno State. He worked at the Hanford Police Department, before enlisting in the U.S. Army where he served between 1966 and 1968. He served two tours of duty in Vietnam. After his honorable discharge, he returned to the Hanford Police Department where he worked for 15 years. John then worked for the Hanford Post Office for 26 years before his retirement in 2007.
John most enjoyed spending time with his family and friends, traveling, playing different games, and spoiling his grandchildren.
- Frank Rocha Borba, Father
- Evelyn Borba Mattas, Mother
- Claudena "Dena" Borba, Wife
- Brenda Bebout, Daughter
- Deborah Darling, Daughter
- Brent Bebout, Son
- John & Amy Borba, Son
- Cherie Bebout, Granddaughter
- Sarah Strazi, Granddaughter
- Brent Begin, Grandson
- Garrett George, Grandson
- Nicole Bebout, Granddaughter
- John Borba Jr. "J.J.", Grandson
- Allie Borba, Granddaughter
- Brynn Bebout McKillip, Great Granddaughter
- Frank & Louise Borba, Brother
- James & Corinne Borba, Brother
- Alice McCord, Sister-in-law
- John will be forever remembered by his numerous nieces, nephews, and extended family and dear friends.
People's Funeral Chapel
501 N. Douty Street