Manuel Maynard Miranda
July 25, 1935 – November 25, 2018
Manuel Maynard Miranda, 83, passed away on November 25, 2018 in Apple Valley, California. He was born on July 25, 1935 in Jocotepec, Jalisco, Mexico.
Manuel spent his youthful years growing up in Jocotepec before immigrating to the United States in 1951 at the age of 16. In 1959, Manuel married Ernestina Sanchez from Coalinga, California and they were married for 59 years. For more than 40 years, he worked in various capacities in the farming industry.
Upon his retirement, he remained very active in his community of Kettleman City. He enjoyed hobbies that involved carpentry, cement, bricklaying and yard work. He was gracious in assisting friends with various house projects and repairing old cars. And, for relaxation, he played a very competitive game of pool and dominoes and on most occasions was victorious. Manuel was a great storyteller with an incredible sense of humor.
- Apolonio Godinez, Father
- Maria Cruz Godinez, Mother
- Ernestina "Tina" Miranda, Wife
- David Miranda, Son
- Cruz Gustafson, Daughter
- He is also survived by grandsons, Andrew, Austin Joseph (AJ); granddaughters, Ashley, Alyssa, April; and great-grandsons, Vincent, Ryan, Jordan, and Samuel.
- Visitation Friday, December 7, 2018
- Funeral Mass Friday, December 7, 2018