Simon Grimes Jr.
February 11, 1939 – March 18, 2020
Simon Grimes, Jr., 81, of Hummelstown, passed away Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at Hershey Medical Center. He was born February 11, 1939, in Everett, PA; he was the son of the late Simon and Edna (O’Shell) Grimes, Sr. Simon is survived by his wife of 55 years, Velma A. (Smith) Grimes; 4 children, Kevin Clair (wife, Tracy), Michael Grimes (wife, Paula), Karen Eckels (husband, Michael) and Debra Grimes (husband, Myron); 8 grandchildren; 8 great-grandchildren; and 10 siblings, Dick Grimes (wife, Betty), Betty Snyder (husband, Harry), Janet Triplett (husband, Joe), Charlotte Brown (husband, Bill), Bob Grimes (wife, Laverne), James Grimes (wife, Sylvia), Nancy Pepple (husband, Roy), Beverly Diehl (husband, Garvin), Janie Pitman (husband, Greg) and Greg Grimes. Simon retired in 2003 from Penn Diesel, with 45 years of service and was a member of Christ United Methodist Church. Simon was an avid Phillies and Eagles fan and loved going to Phillies games with his sons Michael and Kevin. After their retirement, Simon and Velma loved to travel, especially to Texas, Missouri and Las Vegas and they loved to go on cruises. Private Graveside Service will be held Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at Woodlawn Memorial Gardens, Harrisburg.
- Velma A. (Smith) Grimers, Wife
- Kevin Clair (Tracy), Son
- Michael Grimes (Paula), Son
- Karen Eckels (Michael), Daughter
- Debra Grimes (Myron), Daughter
- Dick Grimes (Betty), Brother
- Betty Snyder (Harry), Sister
- Janet Triplett (Joe), Sister
- Charlotte Brown (Bill), Sister
- Bob Grimes (Laverne), Brother
- James Grimes (Sylvia), Brother
- Nancy Pepple (Roy), Sister
- Beverly Diehl (Garvin), Sister
- Janie Pitman (Greg), Sister
- Greg Grimes, Brother
Simon is also survived by eight grandchildren and 8 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Simon and Edna (O'Shell) Grimes, Sr.
- Graveside Service Tuesday, March 24, 2020