Elizabeth "Betsy" Payne Budd
November 14, 1929 – October 24, 2021
Elizabeth “Betsy” Payne Budd, 91, a resident of Bridgewater Retirement Community, formerly of Harrisonburg, died on Sunday, October 24, 2021.
She was born on November 14, 1929 in Harrisonburg and was the daughter of the late John Winston and Blanche Donovan Payne.
Betsy graduated from Harrisonburg High School and attended Madison College. She was a member of Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church and volunteered her time with the food pantry at the church and Massanutten Regional Library.
On April 30, 1953, she married Earl A. Budd, who preceded her in death on July 4, 2018.
She is survived by her children, Laura Lee B. Fleishman and husband, Jeff, of Williamsburg, Ann B. Mills and husband, Garth, of Bridgewater, John Patrick Budd, Sr. and wife, Tracy, of Roanoke, and Edward F. “Ted” Budd and wife, Carrie, of Harrisonburg; her grandchildren, Winston Fleishman Spong and husband, Chase, Garth Mills, Jr. and wife, Maribeth, Daniel Mills and wife, Gabi, Molly Mills Yazman and husband, Ben, Holland Budd, John P. Budd, Jr. and wife, Kristen, Mary Adams, Katie Budd Hall and husband, Christopher, Scott Budd and wife, Theresa, Jack Budd and fiancé, Bailey Dismore and Allison Budd; 12 great-grandchildren; and numerous nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by sisters, Jannese P. Marine, Eleanor P. Roller and Virginia P. Wine.
A funeral mass will be held 12:00 Noon on Saturday, November 13, 2021 at Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church with Father John Baab officiating. Burial will follow at Woodbine Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Bridgewater Healthcare Foundation, Inc., 302 North 2nd Street, Bridgewater, VA 22812 or Massanutten Regional Library, 174 South Main Street, Harrisonburg, VA 22801.
Lindsey Funeral Home in Harrisonburg is handling arrangements and condolences may be sent to the family by visiting www.lindseyharrisonburg.com.
- Laura Lee B. Fleishman (Jeff), Daughter
- Ann B. Mills (Garth), Daughter
- John Patrick Budd, Sr. (Tracy), Son
- Edward F. "Ted" Budd (Carrie), Son
- Winston Fleishman Spong (Chase), Grandchild
- Garth Mills, Jr. (Maribeth), Grandchild
- Daniel Mills (Gabi), Grandchild
- Molly Mills Yazman (Ben), Grandchild
- Holland Budd, Grandchild
- John P. Budd, Jr. (Kristen), Grandchild
- Mary Adams, Grandchild
- Katie Budd Hall (Christopher), Grandchild
- Scott Budd (Theresa), Grandchild
- Jack Budd (Fiance' Bailey Dismore), Grandchild
- Allison Budd, Grandchild
- Twelve, Great-Grandchildren
- Numerous, Nieces & Nephews
- Earl A. Budd, Husband (deceased)
- Blanche Donovan Payne, Mother (deceased)
- John Winston Payne, Father (deceased)
- Jannese P. Marine, Sister (deceased)
- Eleanor P. Roller, Sister (deceased)
- Virginia P. Wine, Sister (deceased)
- Garth Mills, Jr., Active Pallbearer
- Dan Mills, Active Pallbearer
- John Budd, Jr., Active Pallbearer
- Scott Budd, Active Pallbearer
- Jack Budd, Active Pallbearer
Bridgewater Healthcare Foundation
302 North 2nd Street, Bridgewater, Virginia 22812
Massanutten Regional Library
175 South Main Street, Harrisonburg, Virginia 22801
Saturday, November 13, 2021
Elizabeth "Betsy" Payne Budd
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
November 2, 2021
I remember all the good food from your mom when we would visit. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Rose Marie and Joe Estock
October 31, 2021
Rose Marie and I send our prayers and condolences to the Budd family over the passing of Betsy, a friendly and gracious woman
who touched the lives of many. May she rest in peace.
October 28, 2021
So many memories. Love and hugs to you all. I do have a few recipes 😉, Aunt Betsy was the best cook and a great lady. Love. Kathy & Bart
October 25, 2021
Betsy, sweet Betsy was a very loving and caring lady that I had the utmost privilege to take care of at Bridgewater Retirement Community. She was such a delight, beautiful inside and out. She will be greatly missed by all of us who took care of her. Fly high in heaven sweet angel. We love you.