Jacquelyn Frazier Powell
September 23, 1931 – July 24, 2018
Jacquelyn Frazier Powell, 86, of Harrisonburg has departed this life on Tuesday, July 24, 2018, to continue her walk with the Lord.
She was born on September 23, 1931 in Harrisonburg and was the daughter of the late Elmer Clyde and Ruth Pauline Wine Frazier.
Jacquelyn was a member of Covenant Presbyterian Church, PCA in Harrisonburg and was a homemaker.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Harry Suter, a son William Darrel Suter, and her sisters and brothers in law, Marguerite (Don) Pattee, Audrey (Tom) Pence, Helen (J.L.) Armentrout, Doris (Wallace) Pearce, Nellie (Ralph) Steele; and a brother and sister in law, Earl (Dorothy) Frazier.
She is survived by daughters, Rebecca Jordan and husband, Jeff, Harriet Burgoyne and husband, Eddie; grandchildren, Esther Jordan, Lesley (Jason) McCall, Meredith (Andrew) Baugher, Jackie (Nathanael) Knopp, Brandon (Shawna) Hahn; step-grandchildren, J.J. (Amanda) Burgoyne, Stormi (Travis) Kelley; eight great-grandchildren; four step great grandchildren; two step great-great-grandchildren; numerous nieces and nephews.
There will be a private burial followed by a Memorial Service at Covenant Presbyterian Church, on Mosby Road, at 11:00 am, on Saturday, August 4, 2018.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Covenant Presbyterian Church, 32 Southgate Ct., Harrisonburg, VA 22801 or Sentara Hospice Services, 2000 Beery Rd., Harrisonburg, VA 22801.
Lindsey Funeral Home in Harrisonburg is handling arrangements and condolences may be sent to the family by visiting www.lindseyharrisonburg.com
- Rebecca Jordan, Daughter
- Jeff Jordan, Son-in-law
- Harriet Burgoyne, Daughter
- Eddie Burgoyne, Son-in-law
- Esther Jordan, Grandchild
- Lesley (Jason) McCall, Grandchild
- Meredith (Andrew) Baugher, Grandchild
- Jackie (Nathanael) Knopp, Grandchild
- Brandon (Shawna) Hahn, Grandchild
- J. J. (Amanda) Burgoyne, Step-Grandchild
- Stormi (Travis) Kelley, Step-Grandchild
- Eight Great-Grandchildren, Great-Grandchildren
- Four Step-Great-Grandchildren, Step-Great-Grandchildren
- Two Step-Great-Great-Grandchildren, Step-Great-Great-Grandchildren
- A Number Of, Nieces & Nephews
- Harry Suter, Husband
- William Darrell Suter, Son
- Ruth Pauline Wine Frazier, Mother
- Elmer Clyde Frazier, Father
- Marguerite (Don) Pattee, Sister
- Audrey (Tom) Pence, Sister
- Helen (J. L.) Armentrout, Sister
- Doris (Wallace) Pearce, Sister
- Nellie (Ralph) Steele, Sister
- Earl (Dorothy) Frazier, Brother
Covenant Presbyterian Church
32 Southgate Court, Harrisonburg, Virginia 22801
Sentara Hospice Services
2000 Beery Rd., Harrisonburg, Virginia 22801
- Memorial Service Saturday, August 4, 2018
- Private Burial