Joseph "Joe" Winfield Good
November 15, 1938 – September 16, 2021
Mr. Joseph “Joe” Winfield Good, 82, of Harrisonburg passed away early Thursday morning, September 16, 2021 at Brookdale Harrisonburg.
A son of the late Stanford C. and Glenna Morris Good, he was born on Brookdale Farm, just outside of Harrisonburg on November 15, 1938.
Joe lived his entire life in the Harrisonburg area and graduated from Turner Ashby High School. He later became co-owner of Good’s Transfer, a well-known trucking company in Harrisonburg.
He was a member of the B.P.O. E. #450, Fraternal Order of Eagles #4150 and a former member of the Loyal Order of Moose #1686.
Funeral services will be held on Sunday, September 19, 2021 at 2:00 pm at the chapel of the Lindsey Funeral Home in Harrisonburg with Pastor Jim Harrison officiating. Burial will follow at Cook’s Creek Cemetery.
The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Saturday evening from 6 to 8 pm.
On December 31, 1988, Joe married Joyce Ritchie Good of Harrisonburg, who survives. Also surviving are daughters, Kari Sue Good, of Harrisonburg, Shari Renee Hardy & husband, Craig, of Midlothian, Leslie Keck & husband, Mike, of Harrisonburg, & Tammy Clem & Rick Dellinger of Harrisonburg; five grandchildren, Zachary Hardy & wife, Sagra, of Washington, DC, Chad Keck, of Harrisonburg, Brooke Jones & husband, Devin, of Harrisonburg, Benjamin Hardy, of Richmond, & Kaitlyn Keck, of Harrisonburg; one great-grandson, Hayden Jones, of Harrisonburg; a special nephew, Brandon Lee; one sister, Charlotte Good Clark, of VMRC in Harrisonburg; and a step-sister, Sharon Belcher Sprinkle of Harrisonburg.
He was preceded in death by brothers, Charles Good, Glen Good & Bobby Good; and one stepbrother, Dennis Belcher.
Those desiring may make memorial contributions to Hose Co. #4 or Toys for Tots, in his memory.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.lindseyharrisonburg.com.
Show your support
- Joyce Ritchie Good Wife
- Kari Sue Good Daughter
- Shari Renee Hardy (Craig) Daughter
- Leslie Keck (Mike) Daughter
- Tammy Clem (Rick Dellinger) Daughter
- Zachary Hardy (Sagra) Grandchild
- Chad Keck Grandchild
- Brooke Jones (Devin) Grandchild
- Benjamin Hardy Grandchild
- Kaitlyn Keck Grandchild
- Hayden Jones Great-Grandson
- Brandon Lee Special Nephew
- Charlotte Good Clark Sister
- Sharon Belcher Sprinkle Step-Sister
- Glenna Morris Good Mother (deceased)
- Stanford C. Good Father (deceased)
- Charles Good Brother (deceased)
- Glen Good Brother (deceased)
- Bobby Good Brother (deceased)
- Dennis Belcher Step-brother (deceased)
- Mike Keck
- Chad Keck
- Rick Dellinger
- Devin Jones
- Rick Lee
- Brandon Lee
- Hose Company #4 210 East Rock Street, Harrisonburg, Virginia 22802
- Marines Toys for Tots Foundation Gift Processing Administrator, 18251 Quantico Gateway Drive, Triangle, Virginia 22172
In Memory Of
Joseph "Joe" Winfield Good
Help tell the story of your loved one’s unique life. Leave a memory or share a photo below to show your support.