Mervin Henry Crowe
May 29, 1923 – February 17, 2021
Mervin Henry Crowe, 97, a resident of Staunton passed away on February 17, 2021.
He was born on May 29, 1923 and was the son of the late Earnest B. and Annabelle Shifflett Crowe.
Mervin served in the US Army during WWII and was employed with Westinghouse and McQuay before retiring.
He is survived by a son, Mervin Hall Crowe and wife, Teresa, of Staunton; a son in law, Larry Showalter of Penn Laird; grandchildren, Eric Crowe and wife, Pam, Christine Crowe Weaver and husband, Christopher, Jason Wagner and wife, Jenny, Amber Sabbatini and husband, Frank, and Brandy Painter and husband, Jacob; 12 great-grandchildren; a brother, Claude Samuel Crow and wife, Norma; and his former wife, Kathleen Whetzel.
He was preceded in death by his first wife, Mary Christine Anderson Crowe; three children, Crystal Belle Crowe, Gary Michael Crowe, and Twila Dawn Showalter; three brothers, Frank, Earl and Harold Crowe; three sisters, Marie Sipe, Janie Bell Knight and Ida Carroll.
Honoring his wishes he will be cremated and a graveside service for family and close friends will be held 2 pm, Monday, March 1, 2021 at Middle River Church of the Brethren Cemetery with Rev. Jason Wagner officiating.
Memorial contributions may be sent to the Augusta Health Hospice of the Shenandoah, c/o Augusta Health Foundation, P.O. Box 1000, Fishersville, VA 22939 or online by visiting www.augustahealth.com/foundation/give.
Lindsey Funeral Homes in Harrisonburg is handling arrangements and condolences may be sent to the family by visiting www.lindseyharrisonburg.com.
- Mervin Hall Crowe (Tersea), Son
- Larry Showalter, Son-in-law
- Eric Crowe (Pam), Grandchild
- Christine Crowe Weaver (Christopher), Grandchild
- Jason Wagner (Jenny), Grandchild
- Amber Sabbatini (Frank), Grandchild
- Brandy Painter (Jacob), Grandchild
- Twelve, Great-Grandchildren
- Claude Samuel Crowe (Norma), Brother
- Kathleen Whetzel, Former Wife
- Annabelle Shifflett Crowe, Mother (deceased)
- Earnest B. Crowe, Mother (deceased)
- Mary Christine Anderson Crowe, First Wife (deceased)
- Crystal Belle Crowe, Daughter (deceased)
- Gary Michael Crowe, Son (deceased)
- Twila Dawn Showalter, Daughter (deceased)
- Frank Crowe, Brother (deceased)
- Earl Crowe, Brother (deceased)
- Harold Crowe, Brother (deceased)
- Marie Sipe, Sister (deceased)
- Janie Bell Knight, Sister (deceased)
- Ida Carroll, Sister (deceased)
- Augusta Health Hospice of the Shenandoah
A Graveside Service for Family & Close Friends
Monday, March 1, 2021
Mervin Henry Crowe
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
February 24, 2021
I'm so sorry to hear of Crowe's passing, I can hear that laugh of his as I'm writing this, you're all in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this loss. Just remember all of the wonderful memories you have in your heart of him and he will never be forgotten. Take care of yourselves.