Valarie Lee Chambliss
July 26, 1955 – March 11, 2021
Valarie Lee Chambliss, 65, a resident of Harrisonburg, died March 11, 2021 at UVA Transitional Care Center in Charlottesville.
A daughter of the late Christmas Taylor and Cora Key Taylor, she was born on July 26, 1955 in Sussex County, VA. She graduated from Sussex County High School in 1973. Valarie moved to Harrisonburg 20 years ago and was a member of First Assembly of God. She married Alvin Chambliss, Sr. who preceded her in death. Surviving is her daughter, Angel Chambliss of Harrisonburg; grandchildren, Adoesha Taylor, Amari Taylor, Ashanta Taylor, Ja’Lexus Huffman, and Ja’Kia Chambliss; nine sisters; one daughter-in-law, Frances Taylor; and one daughter in love, Jenna Waker.
In addition to her parents and husband, Valarie was preceded in death by her sons, Alvin Chambliss, Jr. and Corey Taylor; grandson, Furious Chambliss; and two brothers.
Funeral services will be held at 1:00 PM on Friday, March 19, 2021 at the Lindsey Funeral Home in Harrisonburg. Minister Tamara Taylor will officiate. Burial will follow in Newtown Cemetery.
There will be no public viewing. Online condolences may be sent to the family by visiting www.lindseyharrisonburg.com
- Angel Chambliss, Daughter
- Adoesha Taylor, Grandchild
- Amari Taylor, Grandchild
- Ashanta Taylor, Grandchild
- Ja'Lexus Huffman, Grandchild
- Ja'Kia Chambliss, Grandchild
- Nine, Sisters
- Frances Taylor, Daughter-in-law
- Jenna Waker, Daughter in Love
- Cora Key Taylor, Mother (deceased)
- Christmas Taylor, Father (deceased)
- Alvin Chambliss, Sr., Husband (deceased)
- Alvin Chambliss, Jr., Son (deceased)
- Corey Taylor, Son (deceased)
- Furious Chambliss, Grandchild (deceased)
- Two, Brothers (deceased)
- Earl Chambliss, Active Pallbearer
- Stephon Howell, Active Pallbearer
- Sylvester Howell, III, Active Pallbearer
- Lorenzo Turner, Active Pallbearer
- James Boatner, Active Pallbearer
- D'andre Waker, Active Pallbearer
Friday, March 19, 2021
Valarie Lee Chambliss
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
March 19, 2021
I am sorry that I could not make it. My aunt Valerie was a sweet woman with a soft voice and a kind spirit that I will always love and always remember.
Bernard & Evelyn Chambliss
March 18, 2021
Angle and Family we are so sorry we could not be there with you.Evelyn and I send our deepest sympathy and prayers.Love ,Great Uncle & Aunt Bernard & Evelyn Chambliss
March 14, 2021
Valarie was such a quiet person with the sweetest smile. At least that seemed to be the way when we were in school at Central. I know that she will be missed by family and friends. My deepest condolences to the family. Heavenly rest, Valarie.