Carol Ann Levesque
December 20, 1945 – October 7, 2019
Carol Ann Kitchen “Nanny” Levesque, 73, of Bossier City, passed away peacefully at home on Monday, October 7, 2019.
A commemoration of Carol’s life will begin with a Visitation from 5 to 7 p.m., Monday, October 14 at Hill Crest Funeral Home in Haughton with a Rosary to follow. Continued visitation will begin at 9 a.m. followed by the funeral Mass at 10 a.m. Tuesday, October 15, 2019, at Mary Queen of Peace Catholic Church in Bossier City. Father Rothell Price will officiate. Burial will follow at Veterans Cemetery in Keithville.
Carol was born on December 20, 1945 in Alexandria, Louisiana. She was a graduate of Providence High School. On July 10, 1965, she united in holy matrimony to George Levesque. This union was blessed with three children. Carol was a member of the Knights of Columbus Ladies’ Auxiliary and enjoyed a fulfilling career as a legal secretary and notary public. She was an avid reader, great cook, enjoyed cruising and was passionate about spending time with her grandchildren.
She is preceded in death by her mother, Doris Verzwyvelt Messina; father, Charles L. Kitchen; sister, Virginia Messina Gibson. Left to honor Carol and cherish her memory are her husband, George; sister-in-law , Alice Levesque; stepfather, Tanner Messina; children, Michelle (Kevin) Anderson, Michael (Michelle) Levesque, Joey (Terri) Levesque; grandchildren, Jessica Levesque (AJ Cox), Rachael (Jarrett) Peters, Grant Maynor, Amber, Ashley and Allison Levesque; great grandchildren, Brennan and Brielle Cox; brothers and sisters, Charles (Patricia) Kitchen, Terry (Shyrel) Kitchen, Mary Rosenbloom, Patricia (Darryl) Laurent, T.A. (Gwen) Messina, Bobby Messina; numerous nieces and nephews. Pallbearers will be Patrick Laurent, Nicky Messina, Joshua Godwin, Jimmy Edwards, Craig Brown, Lonnie Haskins, JonMichael Peretin, and Chris Mueller.
Nanny will be dearly missed.
The Levesque family would like to extend our gratitude to Nightingale Hospice for their loving care.
Donations may be made in Carol's honor to: Saint Jude's Children's Hospital, Memphis, TN.
- Doris Verzwyvelt Messina, Mother (deceased)
- Charles L. Kitchen, Father (deceased)
- Virginia Messina Gibson, Sister (deceased)
- George Levesque, Husband
- Alice Levesque, Sister-in-law
- Tanner Messina, Step-Father
- Michelle Anderson and husband Kevin Anderson, Daughter
- Michael Levesque and wife Michelle, Son
- Joey Levesque and wife Terri, Son
- Jessica Levesque and husband AJ Cox, Grandchild
- Rachael Peters and husband Jarrett, Grandchild
- Grant Maynor, Grandchild
- Amber Levesque, Grandchild
- Ashley Levesque, Grandchild
- Allison Levesque, Grandchild
- Brennan Cox, Great Grandchild
- Brielle Cox, Great Grandchild
- Charles Kitchen and wife Patricia, Brother
- Terry Kitchen and wife Shyrel, Brother
- Mary Rosenbloom, Sister
- Patricia Laurent and husband Darryl, Sister
- T.A. Messina and wife Gwen, Brother
- Bobby Messina, Brother
- Patrick Laurent, Pallbearer
- Nicky Messina, Pallbearer
- Joshua Godwin, Pallbearer
- Jimmy Edwards, Pallbearer
- Craig Brown, Pallbearer
- Lonnie Haskins, Pallbearer
- Chris Mueller, Pallbearer
- JonMichael Peretin, Pallbearer
- Visitation Monday, October 14, 2019
- Rosary Monday, October 14, 2019
- Funeral Mass Tuesday, October 15, 2019
- Committal Service Tuesday, October 15, 2019
Carol Ann Levesque
October 16, 2019
Kitchen & Messina Families,
Please accept my condolences in Your loss...
October 14, 2019
To the family of Carol, please accept my sincere and heartfelt condolences. May Carol rest in the arms of Jesus Christ, and may her family feel God's presence and peace.
October 12, 2019
Carol was a very loving and giving person. I've known her since 1995 and we had shared so many fun memories. We shared three beautiful grand daughters. Amber Ashley and Allison. She was a great nanny to them and a good friend to me. Seventeen years ago, she helped me plan a surprise birthday party for my mom in Missouri. We had so much fun planning it. Carol and George even traveled with us to Missouri. In my mom's later years she moved with me. Carol would pick her up and take her to lunch. Carol will be missed.
October 10, 2019
We were so close when we were young and had so many happy times together. I was always sorry that life kept us far apart and we were not able to maintain that closeness from such a distance. I know all of her family will certainly miss her, and I regret not being able to live closer so that we could have rekindled the fun we had in our youth.