Charles Ray Eubanks
May 30, 1937 – November 21, 2018
Charles R. Eubanks, 81, was called home on Wednesday, November 21, 2018 at his home in Princeton, La.
There will be a short military honors interment on Friday at Northwest Louisiana Veterans Cemetery in Keithville. Time to be announced later.
Mr. Eubanks was born on May 30, 1937 to his late parents Clinton(CW) Eubanks and Bertha Ena Goodwin Eubanks. He was also preceded in death by six of his brothers and three of his sisters.
He is survived by his loving wife of 53 years, Shirley Eubanks; three daughters: Stacy Heflin, husband Ommie; Sherry Lopez, husband Victor; and Christa Eubanks. He leaves behind eight grandchildren: Patrick, Brandon and Alysha Heflin; Vincent, MaKayla and Nicolas Lopez; and Morgan and Payton Eubanks. He was blessed with six great grandchildren: Brylan, Neveah, Jackson, Adalynn Hope, Jaycie and Jocelynn. He is survived by five remaining brothers: Gary Eubanks, wife Linda; Kenneth Eubanks, wife Anne; Jimmy Eubanks, wife Joann; Jody Eubanks, wife Sue; and Tim Eubanks, wife Bobbie; his brother in law and great friend Jerry(Von) Madden; and numerous nieces, nephews, and many friends.
Mr. Eubanks made a career in the military. He first joined the Army and spent nine years there and then joined the Air Force for another sixteen years. He was in communications where one of the biggest highlights of his career was being the radio operator to the Columbus space shuttle returning on the plane to Edwards Air Force base. He retired from the Air Force after 25 years of proud service to his country.
He was well known and so loved by anyone who met him. He loved the outdoors, hunting, fishing, and especially tending to his garden. He would do anything for anyone. If you knew Charles, you knew what a true friend was. Charles knew how to make you laugh and he had a smile that burned into your soul. He believed in the Lord and loved to listen to scripture. He will be sadly missed but will live on in all of our hearts forever.
- Clinton (CW) Eubanks and Bertha Ena Goodwin Eubanks, Parents
- Six Brothers and Three Sisters, ~
- Shirley Eubanks, Wife of 53 years
- Stacy Heflin and husband, Ommie, Daughter
- Sherry Lopez and husband, Victor, Daughter
- Christa Eubanks, Daughter
- Gary Eubanks and wife, Linda, Brother
- Kenneth Eubanks and wife, Anne, Brother
- Jimmy Eubanks and wife, Joann, Brother
- Jody Eubanks and wife, Sue, Brother
- Tim Eubanks and wife, Bobbie, Brother
- Jerry (Von) Madden, Brother-in-law and great friend
- He leaves behind eight grandchildren: Patrick, Brandon and Alysha Heflin; Vincent, MaKayla and Nicolas Lopez; and Morgan and Payton Eubanks. He was blessed with six great grandchildren: Brylan, Neveah, Jackson, Adalynn Hope, Jaycie and Jocelynn.
- Graveside Memorial Friday, November 30, 2018
Charles Ray Eubanks
November 29, 2018
Mr. Charles was a great guy he always tried to help keep the Neighbor kids in line and he was doing it because he cared about us. He was a man of stories about him and my grandpa. Some of the best time I had was doing stuff to see if he would get on me and he did. He will be greatly missed. Prayers for the whole family. We have all been neighbors for the longest.