Ivy Lavelle Gibson
July 5, 1929 – March 8, 2019
A life celebration service for Ivy Gibson is scheduled for 10 AM, Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at Hill Crest Memorial Funeral Home in Haughton, LA. His son, Rev. Gene Gibson will serve as officiant. Interment will follow at Haughton Cemetery in Haughton, LA. The family invites friends to a visitation on Tuesday, March 12, 2019 from 5 PM to 8 PM at the Funeral Home.
I.V. and Mollie (Bamburg) Gibson welcomed their precious Ivy Lavelle into this world on July 5, 1929 in the small country town of Coushatta, LA. Pops, as he was known by friends and family alike, retired as a heavy equipment operator for Covington Construction. While he was renowned for working hard to make a living, he found his life in the eyes of his family back home. He was the most wonderful husband, father, grandfather and great grandfather, who lived as a true servant for those he loved-- he ALWAYS put himself last. When not at work, his time might be spent working in the yard with his wife, hunting, fishing, making somebody smile or perhaps doin’ a little “pickin’ and grinnin’” on the porch with his guitar. Without a doubt, Pops heard the words “well done, thou good and faithful servant, thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy Lord.” when he passed on Friday, March 8, 2019 surrounded by his family.
Preceding Mr. Gibson in death are his parents; three sisters, Marjorie Smith, Christine Green and Carol Kirby; and one brother, Donald Wayne Gibson. Left to cherish his memory are his loving wife of 65 years, Carolyn Gibson; sons, Ivy (Gene) Gibson with wife Kathy and Terry Gibson with special friend Penney; daughters, Kathy Cole with husband Paul and Molly Teutsch with husband Barry; sister, Catherine Gibson Woodard; thirteen grandchildren; eighteen great grandchildren; and countless special nieces, nephews, other family and dear friends.
The family would like to offer a heartfelt thank you to the folks at Southern Hospice (Stacie, Sheila and Bro. Lovie) for their kind and compassionate care and to dear family friend, Vicki Woodall, for her gentle guidance as we made arrangements to celebrate the life of our loving husband and father.
- I.V. Gibson, Father
- Mollie (Bamburg) Gibson, Mother
- Marjorie Smith, Sister
- Christine Green, Sister
- Carol Kirby, Sister
- Donald Wayne Gibson, Brother
- Carolyn Gibson, Wife
- Ivy (Gene) Gibson with wife Kathy, Son
- Terry Gibson with special friend Penney, Son
- Kathy Cole with husband Paul, Daughter
- Molly Teutsch with husband Barry, Daughter
- Catherine Gibson Woodard, Sister
- Also left to cherish his memory are thirteen grandchildren; eighteen great grandchildren; and countless special nieces, nephews, other family and dear friends.
- Wesley Teutsch, Pallbearer
- Samuel Teutsch, Pallbearer
- Garrett Gibson, Pallbearer
- Jason Salter, Pallbearer
- Matthew Gibson, Pallbearer
- Chase Grubbs, Pallbearer
- Kenny Covington, Honorary Pallbearer
- Mike Covington, Honorary Pallbearer
- The Employees of Covington Construction, Honorary Pallbearer
- Memorial Visitation Tuesday, March 12, 2019
- Life Celebration Wednesday, March 13, 2019