Joy Ann Walker
June 12, 1930 – November 26, 2019
Services to honor the life of Mrs. Joy Ann Branton Walker, 89, will be held at 1:30 p.m., Sunday, December 1, 2019 at Hill Crest Memorial Funeral Home. Officiating will be Mr. Frank Himmel, preacher at Viking Drive Church of Christ with her grandson, Pastor Jeff McKneely assisting. Visitation will begin at 12:30 p.m. prior to the service. Interment will follow at Old Town Cemetery, Haynesville, LA.
Joy Ann was born on June 12, 1930 in Haynesville, LA and passed away on Tuesday, November 26, 2019.
Joy Ann was a devoted wife to the love of her life, Charles. She loved talking to her family and friends and catching up on everyone’s lives. She is famous for her Mam Maw’s Chocolate Cake. Joy Ann was a faithful member of Viking Drive Church of Christ.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Charles Edward “Charlie” Walker; parents, H.H. “Hamp” Branton and Rosie Ethel Davis Branton; granddaughter, Kimberly McKneely; three brothers, Orion, L.F., and Twyman Branton; and a sister, Lester Cleo Branton Matthews Phillips.
Left to cherish her memory are her daughters, Charl Ann McKneely and husband Tommy of Amite, LA, Kathy Sells and husband Harry of Sandy Run, SC, and Judy Moore and husband Howard of Haughton, LA; grandchildren, Jeff McKneely and wife Tammy, Greg McKneely and wife Danielle, Jennifer Pray and husband Gabe, Ray Moore and wife Katie, Kyle Moore, and Haley Moore Patrick; thirteen great-grandchildren, Jordan McKneely Vickers and husband, John, Olivia McKneely Tull and husband, Brandon, Alyse McKneely, AnaClaire McKneely, Gavin McKneely, Dylan Charles McKneely, Gabrielle Pray, Steven Pray, Andrew Walker Pray, Kaitlyn Nunnery, Hallie Rae Moore, Pressley Joy Patrick and Sammy Patrick; three great-great-grandchildren, Maverick and Eleanor Tull and Elizabeth Vickers; brother, Henry Branton; and numerous well- loved nieces and nephews.
Pallbearers will be Jeff McKneely, Greg McKneely, Ray Moore, Gabe Pray, David Gray, Bruce Williams, and Ben Dance.
You may offer condolences and sign the on-line guest book by visiting www.hillcrestmemorialfh.com
- Charles Edward "Charlie" Walker, Husband (deceased)
- H.H. "Hamp" Branton, Father (deceased)
- Rosie Ethel Davis Branton, Mother (deceased)
- Kimberly McKneely, Granddaughter (deceased)
- Orion Branton, Brother (deceased)
- L.F. Branton, Brother (deceased)
- Twyman Branton, Brother (deceased)
- Lester Cleo Branton Matthews Phillips, Sister (deceased)
- Charl Ann McKneely (Tommy), Daughter
- Kathy Sells (Harry), Daughter
- Judy Moore (Howard), Daughter
- Jeff McKneely (Tammy), Grandchild
- Greg McKneely (Danielle), Grandchild
- Jennifer Pray (Gabe), Grandchild
- Ray Moore (Katie), Grandchild
- Kyle Moore, Grandchild
- Haley Moore Patrick, Grandchild
- Jordan McKneely Vickers (John), Great Grandchild
- Olivia McKneely Tull (Brandon), Great Grandchild
- Alyse McKneely, Great Grandchild
- AnaClaire McKneely, Great Grandchild
- Gavin McKneely, Great Grandchild
- Dylan Charles McKneely, Great Grandchild
- Gabrielle Pray, Great Grandchild
- Steven Pray, Great Grandchild
- Andrew Walker Pray, Great Grandchild
- Kaitlyn Nunnery, Great Grandchild
- Hallie Rae Moore, Great Grandchild
- Pressley Joy Patrick, Great Grandchild
- Sammy Patrick, Great Grandchild
- Maverick Tull, Great Great Grandchild
- Eleanor Tull, Great Great Grandchild
- Elizabeth Vickers, Great Great Grandchild
- Henry Branton, Brother
- She also leaves numerous well-loved nieces and nephews.
- Jeff McKneely
- Greg McKneely
- Ray Moore
- Gabe Pray
- David Gray
- Bruce Williams
- Ben Dance
- Visitation Sunday, December 1, 2019
- Funeral Service Sunday, December 1, 2019