Martha "Elaine" Bogues
October 15, 1942 – November 18, 2020
Martha Elaine Bogues was born on October 15, 1942. She passed away peacefully, surrounded by loving family, on November 18, 2020.
Services for Mrs. Elaine will be held on Monday, November 23, 2020 at Lane Memorial Cemetery in Sibley, Louisiana at 10:00 a.m.
Elaine was a strong, loving woman. She raised two wonderful children and helped raised five beautiful grandchildren. Granny loved quilting, sewing, and spending time with her family. She was an amazing cook, challenged only by Papaw's fried fish, and had the best sweet tea in the world. Granny was so fashionable and loved taking her granddaughter shopping. She was an amazing wife, mother, and grandmother. She will be missed dearly.
Elaine will be joining her parents, Webb and Minie Hunter, in heaven, along with her brothers, Edward, Elmer, and Elton Hunter; and sister, Nell Hunter Riner.
Left to cherish her beautiful memory is her husband, J. D. Bogues; son, Heath Pennington and his wife Michelle; daughter, Amanda Pennington Parker; grandsons, Christopher Pennington, Michael Pennington and his wife Stephanie, Jacob Hamiter, and Casen Pennington; granddaughter, Emily Trivitt; sisters, Jean Hunter Mills and Francine Hunter Johnson; step-daughter, Laura Kay Bogues; step-son, J.D. Bogues, Jr. and his wife Colby; step-grandchildren, Michael, Brooke, and Abbey Archer, Andrew, Marley and Heath Bogues; step-great-granddaughter, Ava Archer; along with numerous nieces and nephews.
- Webb and Minie Hunter, Parents (deceased)
- Edward, Elmer, and Elton Hunter, Brothers (deceased)
- Nell Hunter Riner, Sister (deceased)
- J.D. Bogues, Husband
- Heath Pennington (Michelle), Son
- Amanda Pennington Parker, Daughter
- Christopher Pennington, Grandson
- Michael Pennington (Stephanie), Grandson
- Jacob Hamiter, Grandson
- Casen Pennington, Grandson
- Emily Trivitt, Granddaughter
- Jean Hunter Mills, Sister
- Francine Hunter Johnson, Sister
- Laura Kay Bogues, Step-Daughter
- J.D. Bogues, Jr. (Colby), Step-Son
- Michael, Brooke, and Abbey Archer, Step-Grandchildren
- Andrew, Marley, and Heath Bogues, Step-Grandchildren
- Ava Archer, Step-Great-Granddaughter
- Mrs. Bogues is also survived by numerous nieces and nephews.
Learn more about the Bogues name
Monday, November 23, 2020